We believe people are fundamentally good. We also believe people deserve peace of mind. In order to achieve that, Airbnb is creating a cross-functional task-force to provide the support necessary to make our community safer. This is an opportunity to join a fast growing team with a tremendous purpose of making Airbnb the most trusted hospitality company on the planet, and beyond.
As a fraud specialist you will be working alongside the Community Defense team, country teams and cross functional partners like Legal and Public Policy. We work proactively to identify and analyse threats to our platform as well as working with external vendors to mitigate losses.
The ideal candidate for this role would possess a passion for problem-solving, be comfortable with ambiguity and have the ability to work in a collaborative environment.
- Meticulous and detail oriented
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Solid judgment and a strong moral compass
- Data driven, and ability to see patterns within data
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and customer service skills
- Idea-driven, confident and articulate – ready to make a meaningful contribution to the team from day one
- Able to work and self-organise with rapidly changing priorities
- Must be available for a regular schedule of 5 days work week (40 hours), mutually agreed with your Lead, able to work on weekends and public holidays. Shifts may include evening or early morning hours
- 1-2 years of applicable experience, preferably in e-commerce, fraud or risk investigations, and/or crisis management
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- Understanding of online payments and risk management in e-commerce strongly preferred
- Strong written and verbal communications skills in English; fluency of a second language is a bonus!
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 33,000 cities and 192 countries.
Want to learn more about Airbnb? Visit https://www.airbnb.com/
Jobs You May Like
Program Manager, Content Partner Management
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Office Operations Manager
Palantir Technologies, Washington, D.C.
Technical Customer Success Manager
Eventbrite, Nashville, Tennessee
Account Security & User Generated Content Operations Lead
Airbnb, Singapore, Singapore
Merchandise Coordinator, BarkBox
BarkBox, New York, NY
Video Account Services Specialist (Contract)
PlayStation, Los Angeles, CA