ITX Systems Engineer, Client Engineering
Airbnb, San Francisco, United States
Who wouldn't want to work here?
Who we are
We are looking for a Systems Engineer to help shape and define the next iteration of the tools and infrastructure that manages our macOS, Chrome OS and Windows endpoints. We focus on automation, running at a global scale and most importantly, being a host to our end users. Our tools enable Airbnb employees to do amazing things, whilst keeping the company’s, our host’s and guest’s information secure.
Who you are
- A senior level individual contributor in an endpoint engineering role.
- Know one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Python, Swift or Go.
- You contribute to Open Source and the endpoint management community:
- Your Github shows both your own code and contributions to open source projects.
- You may have spoken publicly about endpoint management.
- Experience running a cross platform management stack (majority macOS & Chrome OS, minority Windows).
- You have experience running some or all of these tools:
- Puppet or Chef
- Experience of large scale endpoint management using DevOps methodologies.
- Knowledge of the Apple MDM spec and protocols.
What you’ll do
- Work with and contribute back to open source projects. Some of the projects we use and contribute back to are:
- Help drive endpoint security model working closely with the security teams, and establish best practices in an enterprise environment.
- Respond to and participate in resolution of endpoint security compromises, malware, vulnerabilities and zero-day attacks.
- Work on projects such as:
- Stateful MDM orchestration.
- Beyondcorp initiatives.
- Work with our Mobile Build Team to consult on managing their macOS build infrastructure.
- Participate in a paid on-call rotation.
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter Subsidies
- Community Involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Much more...
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 33,000 cities and 192 countries.