Systems Engineer, DevOps Infrastructure
Airbnb, San Francisco, United States
Who wouldn't want to work here?
The IT Experience (ITX) team is looking for an experienced Systems Engineer with expertise in Infrastructure management, tooling, and automation to help with the design, build, and operation of the corporate systems infrastructure. This role will be primarily focused on designing and deploying hybrid cloud/on-premise compute.
- Own the system lifecycle (requirements gathering, architecting, vetting, building, operational managing, and team training) for on-premise and public cloud-based system infrastructure globally and at scale.
- Establish trust and strong relationships with senior leaders, operating managers, and professional staff across other teams as it pertains to infrastructure needs and systems.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously including daily/weekly operational tasks.
- Act as system owner and final technical escalation point.
- Create accurate and clear technical documentation; develop support processes and procedures; operational training and support ownership hand-off to peers/organizational units.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Advanced knowledge of Linux and Microsoft system administration.
- Expert knowledge of and experience administering Active Directory
- Advanced experience using configuration management tools at scale.
- Demonstrated in-depth practice with compute infrastructure capacity design, provisioning, and management utilizing virtualization platforms such as: VMware, AWS, GCP, or Azure.
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines and DevOps tooling.
- Expert in one or more high-level scripting languages.
- Experience in coordinating technology decisions with architectural requirements and constraints.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent decision-making and organizational skills with emphasis on detail and follow-up.
- Excellent technical architectural and process documentation skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
- Leadership experience - technical or managerial.
- Strong team player.
- Willingness to take responsibility, accountability and ownership.
- Willingness to work outside of normal working hours to complete mission critical tasks.
- Participate in an on-call rotation.
- You contribute to Open Source -- your GitHub or StackOverFlow shows lots of good examples of giving back to the community.
- You’re a Chef or Ansible expert.
- You have designed and administered a DevOps deployment pipeline.
- You are an expert on the following: Terraform, VMware, AWS, Microsoft Server, Linux.
- BS in CS or related discipline.
- 7+ years of industry experience.
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter Subsidies
- Community Involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Much more...
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 33,000 cities and 192 countries.
Want to learn more about Airbnb? Visit Airbnb's website.
Jobs You May Like
Wikimedia, San Francisco, CA or Remote
DevOps Engineer, Systems
Airbnb, Singapore, Singapore
Senior Software Engineer - Application
Calm, San Francisco
Wistia, Cambridge, MA
Software Engineer, Node.js
Medallia, Buenos Aires, Argentina