No global movement springs from individuals. It takes an entire team united behind something big. On the Trust and Safety team at Airbnb, we’re proud to be at the forefront of the sharing economy. We recognize that we are the leaders of a new, worldwide phenomenon, and it’s why we’ve worked so hard to build the trust at its foundation.
With 100 million lifetime guests, and 3 million listings in over 190 countries, trust is what makes it work. Together, we work hard, we laugh a lot, and we are passionate about working to create the most trusted community in the world. We are looking for a Global Manager to lead our Law Enforcement teams, direct strategy across response, investigations, and engagement disciplines.
This individual should be committed to protecting user data while ensuring our community remains a trustworthy environment. We are looking for an enthusiastic, passionate, diplomatic and personable candidate to manage strategic relationships with key officials and Government agencies, driving strategic safety efforts and coordinating enforcement responses with law enforcement across all our regions.
- Minimum of 15 years experience in national security, law enforcement or criminal justice experience, and experience working across diverse industry segments.
- e.g. technology, public policy, national security, emergency preparedness, etc.
- Experience liaising and communicating with International Policing Organizations (such as, Interpol, Europol, etc.)
- Proficient in the use of MLAT and other international legal mechanisms related to data disclosure
- Minimum of 10 years management experience in leading global teams
- Master’s or advanced degree in a security/legal field from an accredited university
- Additional related advanced certifications desired
- Experience leading cross-functional or cross-regional collaborative teams
- Have worked collaboratively with Compliance and
- Must be innovative, entrepreneurial or fast paced and believe in the Airbnb mission of belong anywhere
- Experience setting operational or functional targets or strategic goals
- Additional desired qualities and experience as follows:
- International Law Enforcement engagements and networking experience
- Familiarity with criminal and/or civil law in an international or global environment
- Analytical and critical mindset; capacity to learn new or unfamiliar applications
- Effective public speaking and communication abilities
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ideate and cascade holistic and comprehensive Law Enforcement strategy for Airbnb
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with law enforcement and governmental authorities Globally
- Accountable for managing functional operation and regional Law Enforcement managers
- Set functional goals and effectively communicate strategic direction to managers and teams
- Lead and direct teams to achieve response, investigations, and engagements deliverables
- Liaise with Communications, Public Policy and Legal teams on engagement with law enforcement authorities, regulators and legislators on community safety, security and law enforcement issues
- Educate law enforcement authorities on our policies for protecting user privacy and responding to legal requests
- Play a critical role on the Trust and Safety global leadership team, helping to drive strategy and providing global perspective to regional and functional heads of operations teams.
- Bring a highly data-driven approach to supporting the Trust and Safety teams and enabling them to provide the best possible experience to Airbnb customers.
- Drive continuous improvement into the operation through program management, ongoing training. Able to turn insights into measurable action plans.
- In partnership with regional and functional heads of operations teams, be equally accountable to service level, experience and efficiency targets.
- Serve as senior subject matter advisor with regard to sensitive or strategic law enforcement engagement needs and policy development.
- Identify market segments and external partnership opportunities where applicable Trust and Safety or Law Enforcement teams can help enable safe and positive core business growth
- Serve as lead contact in building relationships with and marketing our Law Enforcement services to selected entities and targeted law enforcement or other security agencies
- Employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Food program
- Maternity and Paternity leave
- Competitive Salary
- And more....
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 33,000 cities and 192 countries.