Data Scientist, Intern 2018 - Inference
Airbnb, San Francisco, California
Who wouldn't want to work here?
In order to be considered for this internship, you must be graduating from an advanced degree program in either Fall of 2019 or Spring/Summer of 2019.
Airbnb’s mission is to connect people to unique travel experiences, in more than 34,000 cities and 190 Countries. We are making it possible for hosts to supplement their income while helping visitors from around the world experience neighborhoods and communities outside traditional tourist zones.
Here at Airbnb, we’re big fans of travel. We love thinking about the diversity of experiences our host community offers, and we spend a fair amount of time trying to make sense of the tens of thousands of cities where people are booking trips every night. The tricky thing is, most of us haven’t been to Cuba, so we try to come up with creative ways to help people find the experience they’re looking for in places they may have never been. The data science team works in tandem with product management, engineering, and design teams to solve for things like this.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Currently pursuing a PhD or MS in CS, Math, Statistics, Physics, Economics or other quantitative field.
- Preferred fields of study are statistics, math, economics, or related discipline.
- Tools: Experience using R, Python, and/or SQL.
- Product sense: Ability to connect your analysis to real world phenomena, always thinking about how insights from the data can be used to improve Airbnb.
- Communication: Demonstrated ability to distill and share complex technical concepts to a less technical audience.
- Competitive pay, a generous housing bonus, and Paid Time Off
- Quarterly employee travel coupons so you can explore Airbnb’s incredible listings
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner inspired by the local cuisine of listings from around the world
- Company-sponsored tech talks and social events
- Much more…
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 33,000 cities and 192 countries.
Want to learn more about Airbnb? Visit Airbnb's website.
Jobs You May Like
Research Scientist - Machine Learning
Element AI, Montreal
Werkstudent / Bachelorand / Masterand (m/w)
HelloFresh, Verden, Germany
Marketing Analytics Manager
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA
Senior Growth Analyst
Wish, San Francisco, United States
Domain Expert, NYC
Dataminr, New York, NY
Eventbrite, San Francisco, California