As a finance team member you will have broad exposure to various functions at Airbnb, including Engineering, Product, Business Development & Customer Experience and will also work closely with external business partners. The ideal candidate for this position will have a strong understanding of GAAP and revenue recognition principles, excellent technical and communication skills, and the ability to partner effectively across business functions. This position reports to the Revenue Manager.
- Key contributor in communicating accounting requirements to engineering teams for new products and feature changes, including testing and validation.
- Partnering with product teams to influence operational decisions and to provide feedback on potential accounting implications for new products.
- Developing accounting processes, analytics, and dashboard to monitor new product and business activity.
- Owner of the monthly financial reporting and close process for emerging products, including the preparation of routine and non-routine journal entries and adjustments
- Assisting in contract review and product launches to ensure proper revenue recognition in accordance with Airbnb policies and revenue recognition accounting standards
- Collaborating with the technical accounting function on research and the preparation of accounting memos and business process documentation
- Ensuring compliance with key controls & accurate GAAP reporting and fulfilling internal and external reporting requirements
- Collaborating with engineering teams on the design and implementation of revenue automation/recognition tools
- Assisting with various ad hoc projects as needed
- 5+ years’ experience in revenue accounting with a Big 4 accounting firm combined with industry experience at a top tier company (Tech industry and/or public company experience preferred)
- B.A. or B.S. in Accounting, Finance, Business, or a closely related discipline
- CPA certification a strong plus
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and revenue recognition guidance
- Experience researching and documenting technical accounting matters
- Advanced Excel knowledge. SQL knowledge (Basic to Intermediate) a plus
- Excellent problem-solving skills and experience analyzing high volume, multi-currency transactions in a global business environment
- Systems experience: Workday, Oracle or other large ERP preferred
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills - ability to work with a diverse team and impart change across functional and business boundaries
- Capable of handling multiple projects in a fast paced, hyper growth environment
- Ability to define and implement internal or external controls or best practices
- Desire to continuously improve and a positive, "can-do" approach
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 33,000 cities and 192 countries.
Want to learn more about Airbnb? Visit https://www.airbnb.com/
Jobs You May Like
Getaround, San Francisco
eero, San Francisco
Flexport, Amsterdam, NL
Enterprise Risk Manager (m/f) | Hamburg
Sr. Accounting & Financial Analyst
Jampp, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Analista Contábil Pleno - SP
Contabilizei Contabilidade, São Paulo