As a finance team member you will have broad exposure to various functions at Airbnb, including Engineering, Product, Business Development & Customer Experience and will also work closely with external business partners. The ideal candidate for this position will have a strong understanding of GAAP and revenue recognition principles, excellent technical and communication skills, and the ability to partner effectively across business functions. This position reports to the Revenue Manager.
- Key contributor in communicating accounting requirements to engineering teams for new products and feature changes, including testing and validation.
- Partnering with product teams to influence operational decisions and to provide feedback on potential accounting implications for new products.
- Developing accounting processes, analytics, and dashboard to monitor new product and business activity.
- Owner of the monthly financial reporting and close process for emerging products, including the preparation of routine and non-routine journal entries and adjustments
- Assisting in contract review and product launches to ensure proper revenue recognition in accordance with Airbnb policies and revenue recognition accounting standards
- Collaborating with the technical accounting function on research and the preparation of accounting memos and business process documentation
- Ensuring compliance with key controls & accurate GAAP reporting and fulfilling internal and external reporting requirements
- Collaborating with engineering teams on the design and implementation of revenue automation/recognition tools
- Assisting with various ad hoc projects as needed
- 5+ years’ experience in revenue accounting with a Big 4 accounting firm combined with industry experience at a top tier company (Tech industry and/or public company experience preferred)
- B.A. or B.S. in Accounting, Finance, Business, or a closely related discipline
- CPA certification a strong plus
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and revenue recognition guidance
- Experience researching and documenting technical accounting matters
- Advanced Excel knowledge. SQL knowledge (Basic to Intermediate) a plus
- Excellent problem-solving skills and experience analyzing high volume, multi-currency transactions in a global business environment
- Systems experience: Workday, Oracle or other large ERP preferred
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills - ability to work with a diverse team and impart change across functional and business boundaries
- Capable of handling multiple projects in a fast paced, hyper growth environment
- Ability to define and implement internal or external controls or best practices
- Desire to continuously improve and a positive, "can-do" approach
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 33,000 cities and 192 countries.
Want to learn more about Airbnb? Visit Airbnb's website.
Jobs You May Like
Finance MBA Summer Internship
Casper, New York
Manager - Technical Accounting and Reporting
Indigo, Boston, MA
Senior Technical Recruiter
DiDi Labs, Silicon Valley
Trading Systems Engineer
Senior Contracts Manager
Indigo, Boston, MA
Senior Financial Accountant
UncommonGoods, 140 58th Street, Brooklyn, NY 11220