Full Stack Software Engineer, Experiences
Airbnb, San Francisco, United States
Who wouldn't want to work here?
Airbnb Experiences launched in November 2016 with the goal of taking Airbnb from an accommodations business to an end to end travel platform. By expanding Airbnb’s product offerings and making it easy to plan an entire trip in a single space, our goal is to make Airbnb the only travel platform our guests need for their travels. The Experiences team plays a crucial role in realizing this mission.
Experiences are handcrafted activities designed and led by local hosts. Hosts give travelers unique, unprecedented access and deep insights to places and passions in their city. Experiences makes travel magical again by immersing travelers in communities around the world and making it easy to travel authentically.
We have already seen growth, but we are still very early in our journey. We are looking for collaborative and entrepreneurial engineers to set an early foundation for the Experiences team. If you are passionate about redefining travel, then this team is for you.
Like all teams at Airbnb, we value and promote the diversity of our workforce, our guests, our hosts, our marketplace platform, and the world. Simply put, diversity belongs.
You’ll have the opportunity to work on or alongside product teams to solve challenging problems, including:
- Work with web and mobile engineers to design and build APIs to power guest and host apps
- Build backend services to support new and existing product initiatives
- Work on scaling various pieces of infrastructure including search to support our ever-growing Experiences inventory
- Work with Product and Data Science teams to drive various growth initiatives for guests and hosts
- 4+ years of industry experience building large-scale backend systems
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree, preferably in CS, or equivalent experience
- Ability to write high performance production quality code.
- Experience and interest in working with other engineers and cross functional partners in product and design to build a world class online and offline product
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter subsidies
- Community involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Much more…
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 33,000 cities and 192 countries.
Want to learn more about Airbnb? Visit Airbnb's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer (Java/Kafka)
Sales Engineer/Senior Sales Engineer, Japan
Box, Tokyo, Japan
Senior Software Engineer
Wish, San Francisco, California
PhD Research Intern, Deep Learning (Fall 2019)
Lyft, Palo Alto
Junior Software Developer (m/w/d)
Lead Data Engineer