Product Lead, Homes Infrastructure
Airbnb, San Francisco, California
Who wouldn't want to work here?
Note: Thanks for your interest! Airbnb observes a holiday shutdown and our recruiting team will be offline for the next few weeks (12/18-1/2). We will review and respond to your application when we return.
Airbnb is redefining the world's approach to accommodation and travel. We develop products that connect millions of travelers with local hosts around the world to provide an authentic travel experience.
As our business scales, so must the technology powering it. Our Homes Infrastructure team is at the heart of this effort. We build the infrastructure necessary to accelerate product development for all teams working on Airbnb’s core business while ensuring our product scales through the next phase of growth.
We're looking for a Product Lead who can collaborate with product teams across the company to guide the evolution of our technical infrastructure. This person will operate between our foundational infrastructure teams and our user-facing product teams to ensure we build the right infrastructure to accelerate product efforts and dive the adoption of technical best practices throughout our organization.
You should have experience building infrastructure at a large scale internet company, excellent communication skills, and experience executing on large, multi-team technical projects.
- Define the vision, goals, strategy, and roadmap for the Homes Infrastructure team
- Understand infrastructure needs across Airbnb product teams, and translate these needs into actionable infrastructure projects
- Write detailed PRDs and drive execution across the core services powering Airbnb
- Own the quality and reliability of the core services powering Airbnb
- Prioritize infrastructure work to provide maximum benefit for Airbnb across a variety of product areas
- Build alignment on roadmap, manage stakeholders, and communicate progress throughout the company
- 5+ years experience as a Technical Product Manager, Engineering Manager, or similar at a technology company
- Experience building large-scale infrastructure at a technology company
- Technical degree or equivalent experience
- Experience shipping features across various platforms and technologies (iOS, Android, and Web)
- Strong technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to quickly understand technical concepts and communicate them to a technical or non-technical audience
- Ability to thrive and adapt in a high growth, rapidly changing environment
We're looking for:
- Radical thinking paired with strong execution - can envision a world different than the status quo with the ability to articulate a clear path to get there.
- Self-motivated, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creative problem solver - able to identify real obstacles and viable solutions
- Not hesitant to get hands dirty and do whatever is necessary to ensure success
- Outcome-oriented - not reactionary; articulate the desired outcome and work collaboratively to create a path to achieve it
- Great understanding and empathy for business customers
- Rigorous - ask hard questions, validates assumptions, connects the dots
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 33,000 cities and 192 countries.