Airbnb has become a global platform that connects travelers and hosts from over 65,000 cities. As such, it has collected a diverse set of data, which our Data Science team mines for insights that will propel our community and product forward. However, information is only as valuable as it is understood by decision-makers.
We are looking for an experienced Data Scientist to join our Policy Data Science team and serve as the data science partner for our Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) Public Policy and Communications team.
The ideal candidate has an interest in public policy and regulatory issues, an eye for detail, strong communication skills, and a keenness for problem solving. Examples of projects you would work on include, but are not limited to:
- Understanding the business and city impacts of various regulatory proposals in order to inform internal and external decisions
- Developing econometric methodology to understand the business and city impacts of various regulatory proposals in order to inform internal and external decisions
- Work on high-impact topics including housing and rental prices, taxation, economic impact and spillover, relationship to the hotel industry.
- Collaborating with external consultants and academics on research
The London-based policy data scientist will partner with EMEA policy and communications leadership as well as with the rest of the London, Singapore, and San Francisco-based Policy Data Science team to translate complex findings and results into a compelling narrative that directly informs business decisions and external communications. In this role, you will have tremendous upwards exposure as the Data Science team’s representative to senior business partners. If you’re passionate about leveraging data to drive business decisions, and shape informed city policy, we want to hear from you.
- Must have:
- 3+ years of experience with analytical tools such as R, Python, Stata, or Matlab
- Proven ability to succeed in both collaborative and independent work environments
- Experience designing and delivering presentations for senior leaders
- 4+ years of applicable industry experience, professional experience in data analysis and visualization
- Also valuable:
- Familiarity with policy and communications domains
- Familiarity with SQL or other querying language
- Ability to work with dashboarding software such as Tableau or Google Analytics
- Leadership or managerial experience
- More than 1 EMEA language capability
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 33,000 cities and 192 countries.
Want to learn more about Airbnb? Visit Airbnb's website.
Jobs You May Like
Seer Interactive, Philadelphia, PA
DevOps Engineer (Contract)
1010data, New York or Remote
Lead Data Science Instructor
General Assembly, Washington DC
Enterprise Business Architect
Zuora, San Mateo
Senior Information Security Engineer
BlueVine, Tel-Aviv, Israel
Data Science Consultant
Accenture, Multiple Locations, USA