Data Scientist - Analytics, Market Dynamics
Airbnb, San Francisco, United States
Who wouldn't want to work here?
The Market Dynamics team directly impacts the success of guests, hosts and Airbnb’s business by driving price competitiveness, establishing effective cancellation policies, and optimizing Airbnb’s fees and monetization strategy. The team also provides a common understanding of marketplace dynamics through data acquisition and models that the entire Homes organization can use to inform strategy, power products, and drive growth.
We’re looking for analysts to join our team and work on a variety of initiatives from core product to new strategic projects: How do we design marketplaces that are optimal for hosts and guests? How should we structure our fees? How can we prevent and mitigate cancellations? How can we best help hosts manage their revenue? How can we best communicate value to our guests? Where should we invest in onboarding new supply and new demand?
We have multiple roles open right now, at multiple levels of seniority.
- Translate complex findings and results into a compelling narrative
- Define and evaluate key metrics and understand what moves them and why
- Partner with engineering to design robust logging and build quality data pipelines
- Investigate challenging questions around the intersection of supply and demand to understand marketplace dynamics
- Ownership of conceptualizing, developing, and maintaining dashboards and visualizations
- Communicate analyses and recommendations to cross functional stakeholders for decision making
- Strategize on making analyses easily repeatable and accessible
Qualities we value:
- Professional industry experience in a quantitative analysis role (3+ years preferred)
- Comfortable in SQL and some experience with a programming language, with Python or R a plus
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to cross functional partners of varying technical levels
- Ability to define relevant metrics that can guide and influence stakeholders to the appropriate and accurate insights
- Experience or willingness to learn tools to create data pipelines using Airflow
- Building clear and easy to understand dashboards and presentations
- *Ability to model and run experiments are a plus for some roles
- $2,000 yearly employee travel coupon
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life & disability coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 33,000 cities and 192 countries.
Want to learn more about Airbnb? Visit Airbnb's website.
Jobs You May Like
Principal Software Engineer, Memory - Contractor
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
Front-End Web Developer
Blue State Digital, NYC
Senior SLAM Computer Vision Engineer - Contractor
Magic Leap, Inc., Sunnyvale, CA
Zuora, New York City
Research Services Sales Manager
Senior Solution Delivery Manager
Zuora, San Francisco