Note: Due to volume of applications we receive, we kindly ask that you only apply to a maximum of one Data Scientist role from among those posted. This does not preclude you from being considered for multiple roles. Thank you.
Airbnb has become a global platform that connects travelers and hosts from over 34,000 cities. As such, experimentation is core to our growing business. We want to take a scientific approach to decision-making through careful hypothesis generation and testing and drive actions/refine strategies through insights from experimental analysis.
Our inference data scientists are deep in understanding the complications of running experiments in a two-sided marketplace, power analysis and stopping criterions, and statistical models to improve power/significance. Another interesting problem space is understanding what to do when we are unable to conduct experiments. How do we understand the impact of something new?
We are looking for experienced Data Scientists to join our team and expand upon the work we have done. Here are some examples of projects we currently need help with:
- Develop experiments to reduce friction in the listing creation process for hosts
- Designing experiments to measure the lift when displaying hotel rooms on our platform
- Create product experiments (on service fees, early demand, etc) and measure the impact on market dynamics (such as competitors).
- Improve the statistical methodology behind our experimentation platform to ensure that our understanding of product changes is rigorous and accurate
To learn more, read about our Inference data science work:
We have a strong team of Data Scientists, our work is highly sought-after, and our impact on the business is tremendous. If you have a proven background in this field and are excited to help build Airbnb’s community, we want to hear from you.
Some examples of traits we value:
- A passion for Airbnb’s mission of helping people Belong Anywhere
- Ability to write clean and concise code, especially in R or Python
- 3+ years in industry experience and a Master's degree in a quantitative field or Economics; PhD is a plus
- Solid understanding of statistics
- Keen eye for detail and thoughtful investigation of data before relying upon it
- Intuition for data science best practices, stemming from proven experience
- Steadfast focus on creating impactful change
- Ability to partner with cross-functional teams using strong written and verbal communication
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 33,000 cities and 192 countries.
Want to learn more about Airbnb? Visit Airbnb's website.
Jobs You May Like
EDW (Enterprise Data Warehouse) Business Analyst
Bright Health, Minneapolis, MN
Head of Business Intelligence
Birchbox, New York
Scientist – Molecular & Cellular Biology
Deep Genomics, Toronto, Ontario
Senior Machine Learning Engineer
Compliance Analyst (AML/KYC Specialist)
Luno, Cape Town
Principal Software Engineer, Performance
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL