Airbnb’s mission is to create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. The Human team plays an important role in making our mission a reality. As a not-for-profit, humanitarian effort, the Human team is responsible for extending the core competencies of Airbnb to strengthen communities and address the needs of vulnerable populations. Through the Open Homes program, we invite our hosts to open their homes to those that have been forcibly displaced and need temporary housing. In addition to Open Homes, our team is exploring new and creative ways to enable the Airbnb community to give back and support those in need. We are a small, high-leverage team with diverse expertise in both product and operations. We move quickly, partner with relief agencies throughout the world, work directly with the people we’re serving, and look to create scalable solutions to global problems.
We are looking for an experienced Product Director who will be responsible for our Product, Engineering and Design teams. This person will be responsible for developing and executing around Team Human's mission of creating tools for exponential generosity. You will help shape and scale our existing efforts, while exploring ways to further increase the impact of the team and imagining new ways for our community to give back.
- Set product vision, develop the strategy and metrics to drive that vision, and consistently and clearly communicate that vision to motivate team members and help them contextualize their day-to-day work.
- Partner closely with operational and technical teams to create unified plans that drive impact on key metrics, inspire teams and rally support
- Represent Human’s product, design, and technical strategy to the broader organization / internal stakeholder management for product inclusive of policy, marketing, finance, customer service and more.
- Provide direction to a cross-functional team of product managers, designers, engineers, IT, data scientists, user researchers, and content strategists to develop and execute the product roadmap
- Develop, support and grow the engineering, design, and PM organization for Human by setting specific team growth goals and hold team accountable for executing those goals
- 10+ years as a Product Management leader
- Experience managing engineering, design and product management teams
- Can speak the languages of product, software engineering, design, and research
- Strong technical understanding and ability to bridge the gap between technical and non-technical teams in a high growth, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills. Ability to bring simplicity and structure to ambiguous problems with multiple stakeholders
- Understanding and passion for our mission and core values
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in the non-profit / humanitarian sector
- Technical skills or degree relevant to product development (e.g. computer science, data science, design, qualitative research)
- Experience working with external partner organizations on highly visible initiatives
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 33,000 cities and 192 countries.