Airbnb has become a global platform that connects travelers and hosts from over 81,000 cities. Our Data Science team draws insights from our rich two sided marketplace data to propel our community and product forward. Together we can create a place where we can belong anywhere.
Information is only valuable if it is understood. As an Data Scientist focused on analytics, you’ll have the opportunity to influence the business, by creatively exploring the data to inform what we do differently. You’ll define success and measure our progress, and you’ll make sure that your team and company overall know what is happening. We think of data as the voice of the user at scale. You’ll be that translator. And because Airbnb is a global product with people traveling to each other’s homes, you’ll be responsible for understanding what works differently in those cultural contexts.
We have a strong team of data scientists, our work is highly sought-after, and our impact on the business is tremendous. If you have a proven background in this field and are excited to help build Airbnb’s community, we want to hear from you.
We have multiple roles open right now, at multiple levels of seniority.
- Translate complex findings and results into a compelling narrative
- Define and evaluate key metrics and understand what moves them and why
- Investigate challenging questions around user experience to understand the voice of our user
- Ownership of conceptualizing, developing, and maintaining dashboards and visualizations
- Communicate analyses and recommendations to cross functional stakeholders for decision making
- Strategize on making analyses easily repeatable and accessible
Qualities we value:
- Professional industry experience in a quantitative analysis role (4+ years preferred)
- Comfortable in SQL and some experience with a programming language, with Python or R a plus
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to cross functional partners of varying technical levels
- Ability to define relevant metrics that can guide and influence stakeholders to the appropriate and accurate insights
- Experience or willingness to learn tools to create data pipelines using Airflow
- Building clear and easy to understand dashboards (Tableau) and presentations
- *Ability to model and run experiments are a plus for some roles
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 33,000 cities and 192 countries.
Want to learn more about Airbnb? Visit Airbnb's website.
Jobs You May Like
EDW (Enterprise Data Warehouse) Consultant
Bright Health, Minneapolis, MN
Manager, Contracting Operations
Oscar, New York
Lead Data Science Immersive Instructor
General Assembly, Austin, TX
Counterterrorism Intelligence Intern
Flashpoint, New York, NY
eCommerce Analytics Director/Data Scientist
UNTUCKit, New York, NY