Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where people can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team that is committed to our core values to achieve this goal.
Airbnb’s Legal team embodies the company’s innovative, forward-thinking spirit. At the frontier of the new sharing economy, Airbnb is breaking new ground in matters of policy, law, and government relations. Where some see obstacles, we see opportunity to find creative, practical solutions, right at the cutting edge. Our adventurous, fast-moving group of 70 is committed to building a team of talented, collaborative and self-motivated legal professionals across the globe who believe in Airbnb’s mission and don’t take themselves too seriously.
We are looking for an experienced litigation attorney to join our team. The Lead Counsel, Litigation will report to the Deputy General Counsel for Policy, Litigation & Employment, and be part of a team of five litigation lawyers and paralegals located in San Francisco. This job is for you if you enjoy ambiguity, love working on complex legal and social issues, and believe that a company can change the world by encouraging immersive travel. You work well with business people, you have an upbeat positive attitude, love to laugh and shy away from drama. You have specific experience with Internet/e-commerce laws, commercial disputes and consumer legal issues.
- Active and strategic management of a diverse range of complex litigation and pre-litigation matters in a wide range of practice areas and in numerous jurisdictions
- Hands-on advice and counsel to various internal clients to proactively address and resolve potential disputes while providing risk mitigation advice to business clients while supporting business objectives
- Collaboration with outside counsel to successfully, efficiently, and cost effectively resolve disputes and manage all aspects of outside counsel relationships, including staffing, litigation strategy, budgets, work product, discovery and developing initiatives for reducing outside counsel spend
- Creation of processes and procedures to help support a rapidly-growing, global business
- Active championship of Airbnb’s mission, ethics and integrity, including by ensuring that the Company’s compliance policies are in practice and protect the company from risk, comply with all applicable local laws and regulations, and reinforce Airbnb’s values
Required Background, Knowledge, Skills
- J.D. with strong academic credentials and demonstrated record of success as a lawyer
- Member of California Bar or eligible to register as Registered In-House Counsel
- Minimum 12 years of heavy litigation experience
- Substantial and recent in-house law practice experience required
- Trial experience preferred
- Demonstrated record for success strategizing, handling and managing complex disputes to successful resolution
- Proven ability to provide entrepreneurial, quick-thinking, pragmatic, business-oriented advice and to properly balance risks and business reward
- Broad base of substantive law relating to high technology companies
- Ability to craft legal solutions in novel ways essential
- Highly motivated, efficient, and organized; able to juggle multiple projects at a time in a fast-paced environment, both collaborating as a team and working independently
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, and ability to advocate for a position while maintaining collaborative and open-minded approach
- Passion for travel, home sharing and deep appreciation for Airbnb community
- Good sense of humor, disdain for drama, and desire to get things done
Airbnb is committed to working with the best and brightest people from the broadest talent pool possible. We believe a diversity of ideas fosters innovation and engagement, and allows us to attract the best people, and develop the best products, services and solutions. Qualified individuals from all walks of life are encouraged to apply.
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 33,000 cities and 192 countries.
Want to learn more about Airbnb? Visit Airbnb's website.
Jobs You May Like
Director, Client Services
Carrot Creative, Brooklyn, New York
Director of Accounting
ThirdLove, San Francisco, California
Flatiron School, New York
Litigation and Product Counsel
Instacart, San Francisco
Senior Finance Business Partner - 12 month Fixed Term Contract
Time Inc., London
WePay, Redwood City, CA