Note: Thanks for your interest! Airbnb observes a holiday shutdown and our recruiting team will be offline for the next few weeks (12/18-1/2). We will review and respond to your application when we return.
Airbnb is redefining the world's approach to accommodation and travel. We develop products that connect millions of travelers with local hosts around the world to provide an authentic travel experience.
As the Product Lead for Search you’re responsible for the product strategy and vision to help the next billion guests find their perfect home on Airbnb. You’ll be managing teams working on our core search user experience and backend ranking/ML.
What you’ll do:
- Define the product strategy for Airbnb’s core search/marketplace.
- Work alongside the Engineering, Design, Data Science leads on the Search Leadership team.
- Prioritize resources and projects to maximize our growth and create high-quality products.
- Incubate new channels, ideas and strategies.
- Hire, manage and develop a team of 4+ Product Managers
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years managing a team of product managers
- Excellent understanding of marketplaces and strong interest in how it works “under the hood”
- Strong analytical skills and ability to answer questions with SQL
- Excellent understanding of experimentation and A/B testing
- Excellent communication, organizational and project management skills. Ability to work between teams, functions and geographies, with high autonomy and little guidance.
- Proven management and development abilities.
Ideal candidates will demonstrate the following attributes:
- Vision and Storytelling: able to persuade everyone from the Board and CEO to the 100+ ICs on the team where search and core product needs to go for Airbnb. Can communicate with data, with story, connecting business needs to amazing user experience.
- Data, analytics, problem solving: comfortable with data, understands experimentation, asks the right questions, describes their process, frameworks/structures/systems experience (tracking, attribution) is a strong plus
- Growth mindset: learner, hacker, sees obstacles as challenges, persistent, has “grit”, comfortable with uncertainty and change, doesn’t leave things to random chance, challenges the status quo
- Communication, collaboration: cross functional work with multiple stakeholders, can speak other people’s language (engineering, data science, product, etc.), convincing, persuasive, can explain complex things in easy way
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 33,000 cities and 192 countries.
Want to learn more about Airbnb? Visit Airbnb's website.
Jobs You May Like
Justworks, New York, NY
Product Leadership (Director-Level), Partnerships
Product Marketing Manager, Pricing and Business Strategy
MuleSoft, San Francisco
Sr Product Manager, Powered Devices
Ring Inc., Santa Monica, CA
Senior Product Designer, Shopify Plus
letgo, Barcelona, New York