Engineering Manager, Search at Airbnb
The Search team is responsible for a large fraction of the Guest journey: we help guests explore our homes marketplace, we guide guests through the booking flow by serving personalized content and the most relevant listings, and we help them nail down the best home for their trip. We are responsible for the homes search ranking, results pages, listing detail pages, and wishlists. Our product development is highly data-driven, making extensive use of A/B experiments and data science to drive decision-making.
As the Engineering Manager of the Search Refine team, you will lead a world class team of engineers in carrying out this mission.
For this role, we value Engineering Managers who have:
- 4+ hands-on technical management experience
- 8+ years of relevant engineering work experience
- Background in both front-end and back-end engineering, including high performance server-side code
- Extensive experience with A/B experimentation and data/metric-driven product development.Actively coached and mentored engineers and managers in their careers
- Shipped several large scale projects with multiple dependencies across teams
- Bonus: Experience in setting data product strategy
- Bonus: Passion for working with data at scale and empowering organizations through data
- Bonus: Proven track record in partnering with recruiting to build incredible engineering teams
- Bonus: Independently started self-sustaining teams
- Bonus: Consistently made culture choices that positively impact all of engineering
Learn more about some of the projects we’ve worked on:
- Tech Talk: Search @ Airbnb
- OpenAir Tech Talk: Traditional vs. Marketplace Search
- Moving Airbnb’s Search Interface to React
- Rearchitecting Airbnb's Frontend
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter Subsidies
- Community Involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Much more...
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 33,000 cities and 192 countries.