China is the world’s largest, and fastest growing, outbound travel market. We’re looking for Visual Designers to define high-profile marketing campaigns visual strategy and grow our Design Language System. If you are excited about bringing Airbnb to the Chinese audience, to build experiences that help Chinese travelers see the world through our local experiences, personable hosts and unique accommodations, this will be perfect for you!
Visual Designers at Airbnb demonstrates a passion for great design and the ability to achieve it at pixel level. They must have a highly refined design aesthetic and ability to work within the Airbnb brand. This person should have excellent communication skills and be able to articulate the rationale behind their work.
Please send your resume and portfolio to [email protected]
- Strategize and design for high-profile in product marketing campaigns
- Design elegant UIs and graphics for China audience across platforms: web, iOS, Android and print
- Define the visual design strategy for a product area and work with other leads and cross-functional partners to drive consensus across teams
- Assist the Experience Design team in implementing precise visual design
- Create and manage asset libraries for reusable, systematic design
- Create, maintain and evolve visual design guidelines for the Chinese market
- Self-motivated, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 4+ years experience working as a Visual/UI Designer
- Solid knowledge of the creative process at high quality, and to specification
- Expert understanding of the formal elements of design, including typography, layout, balance, and proportion
- Excellent organization and presentation skills to structure your presentations and documents in a way that can be easily understood and modified by others
- Problem solver that requires very little guidance on projects; thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Expert knowledge of Adobe CC suite, Sketch, Figma, and other industry-standard creative tools
- Expert knowledge of assets implementation standards on iOS, Android, and Web
- Advanced experience with image compositing and retouching with Photoshop
- Basic level understanding of HTML & CSS
- Prototyping experience with applications Principal, Flinto, Framer or Invision
- Demonstrated experience working with a design system; its curation, maintenance, and dissemination
- Highly detail-oriented, with a drive for perfection down to the last pixel
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 33,000 cities and 192 countries.