The successful candidate will establish relationships across the organization and provide ER subject matter expertise in order to support the mission, culture and values of Airbnb.
Strategic Planning & Leadership
- Helps develop an Employee Relations (ER) framework, including strategies and proposals to drive continuously improving ER practices within the organization based on trust, mutual respect, strong performance management, and accountability in support of the goals of the organization.
- Designs and implements a comprehensive communications strategy to promote ER best practices throughout the organization.
- Manages, maintains, and revises HR policies, procedures and practices to ensure compliance, enhance the workplace and promote the company culture.
- Assesses employment risk in coordination with HR leadership and Legal based on current regulatory landscape and anticipated changes.
- Takes the lead in addressing employee issues, complaints, and investigations working in partnership with other Human Resources, Legal, and other compliance related teams.
- Ensures cases are handled fairly, consistently, transparently, in a timely fashion, and in line with Company culture, policies, and appropriate local laws.
- Provides oversight to or personally leads employee relations investigations, making recommendations on appropriate courses of action, matching investigation strategy to the complexity, risk, sensitivity, and confidentiality of the investigation
- Counsels HR and business leaders on ER issues, trends and risks to foster sound business decisions.
- Review and refresh training offerings depending on company needs and external regulations.
- Advises HR leaders on how to handle more serious and complex disciplinary matters.
- Advises HR and business leaders on complex matters that may require investigation.
- Handle and advise on a caseload of complex ER investigations matters, such as: Agency complaints, retaliation, harassment, discrimination
- Develop, socialize and rollout ER processes, approaches, guidelines, practices and operating procedures
- Ensure that optimal decisions are made by leaders, Talent Partners and other stakeholders through influencing, coaching, and by providing technical expertise and sound strategy
- Drive ER efforts that support HR and business initiatives
- Develop and conduct training to leaders, managers, employees, Talent Partners and other stakeholders
- Maintain an organized case management system; Ability to run analytics and metrics and produce dashboards
- Collect, analyze, interpret and make recommendations on ER related data
- Set and execute against the ER strategy
- Bachelor’s degree required; JD, MBA or other Advanced Degree preferred
- 15+ years of Employee Relations/Human Resources managing complex global investigations
- Superior written oral communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to remain positive, collaborative and objective while under pressure
- Proven track record of positively influencing leaders, teams and stakeholders
- Ability to be a coach, mentor, advise and partner with stakeholders at varying levels of seniority
- Expert knowledge of ER, labor relations, training, conflict resolution and direct experience leading complex global investigations at all levels including executive level
- Deep understanding of FMLA, EEO laws, ADA and other employment-related state and federal laws & regulations
- Must be able to work under pressure and deal with complex issues, while maintaining composure
- Experienced decision maker who uses good reasoning and sound judgment required
- Ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality is required
- Must be self-motivated and have an enhanced ability to prioritize/plan in a fast-paced, high growth environment
- Some travel may be required
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 33,000 cities and 192 countries.
Want to learn more about Airbnb? Visit Airbnb's website.
Jobs You May Like
Compensation & Benefits Analyst
DoorDash, San Francisco, CA
Computer Sciences Teacher - 2018-2019 School Year
Summit Public Schools, Summit Atlas (West Seattle, WA)
Campus Operations Manager
General Assembly, Washington DC
Technical Recruiter (Contract)
Collective Health, San Francisco
Getaround, San Francisco
Sr. HR Generalist
Velodyne, Alameda, California, United States