Airbnb’s Mission is to create a world where people can Belong Anywhere. As we grow to achieve that mission, we’re looking to add an experienced, highly technical, hands-on, and mission-driven Technical Program Manager (TPM) who is passionate about executing company-wide engineering initiatives and continuously improving process to increase the effectiveness of our world-class Engineering organization.
- Translate the high-level organizational objective to a series of executable projects the organization is aligned around, and drive projects to completion.
- Responsible for aligning with stakeholders on how to manage dependencies, setting timelines and ensuring work progresses, while clearly communicating progress and risks to project stakeholders.
- Maintain urgency and enthusiasm by ensuring there is strong collaboration within multiple parts of the organization who may have competing priorities.
- Regularly assess risks and opportunities for improvements to our product development process.; understand best practices, drive for process improvements, and find new ways of operating, with a focus on simplification and productivity.
- Proven track record of managing large-scale complex technical roll-outs for large scale cloud-hosted web applications.
- Demonstrated ability to work through ambiguity to detailed solutions. You can take a vague problem, crisply frame the challenge, identify a path forward, and drive an initiative over the finish-line.
- Self-motivated, proactive and proven ability to adapt well and work with teams having different operating cadences.
- Experience developing process where little exists, and demonstrated flexibility to get things done.
- Detail-oriented and able to understand the bigger picture by using your technical expertise and problem solving abilities to prioritize and manage blocking issues.
- Experience working in a highly cross-functional environment where communication with multiple groups is imperative.
- Ability to ramp up quickly and learn new technologies with minimal lag time.
- Excellent written and oral business communication and people skills, with the ability to influence stakeholders.
- BA/BS degree, minimum 8 years technical program/project management experience.
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter Subsidies
- Community Involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Much more...
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 33,000 cities and 192 countries.
Want to learn more about Airbnb? Visit Airbnb's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer [Remote]
Senior Software Engineer - Internal Products & Services
Pivotal Software, Toronto, Ontario
Senior Product Manager, Marketing Technology (Rights)
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Principal Software Engineer
Acquia, Boston, MA
Senior Software Engineer, Runtime Java Platform
Netflix, Los Gatos, California