Airbnb is redefining the world's approach to accommodation and travel. We are creating highly local, personal and meaningful experiences for our host and guest community around the world. We develop products that create transformational experiences for guests millions of times each week.
Airbnb is on the cutting edge of product development. Our hosts are opening their homes to travelers from around the world, and our product makes it all possible. We have a lean team of product managers who guide a team of engineers, designers and data scientists to ship products that drive our business forward.
- The Basics:
- Vision, roadmapping, goal setting, spec writing, managing project execution, A/B testing, UI/UX wireframing, defining product roll-out strategy
- Proven experience and passion for building great products
- Multiple successful product launches under your belt
- Has gotten hands dirty shipping features across various platforms (iOS, Android, and Web)
- 5+ years consumer internet product management experience
- Type of Person:
- Radical thinking paired with strong execution - can envision a world different than the status quo with the ability to articulate a clear path to get there.
- Self-motivated, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creative problem solver - able to identify real obstacles and viable solutions
- Not hesitant to get hands dirty and do whatever is necessary to ensure success
- Outcome oriented - not reactionary; they articulate the desired outcome and work collaboratively to create a path to achieve it
- Highly technical, garnering respect from engineers
- Humble - no jerks
- Must have a great understanding and empathy for Airbnb customers; must be an Airbnb customer advocate
- Rigorous - asks hard questions, validates assumptions, connects the dots
- Passion for great design, you should know what works, what doesn't and why
- Must have traveled as a guest on Airbnb; or a current host is a major plus
- Experience with languages used for querying (e.g. Hive/Pig/SQL) is a plus
- Former engineer, designer, or startup founder
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 33,000 cities and 192 countries.