Crisis Management Investigator - (Trust and Safety)
Airbnb, Seoul, Korea
Who wouldn't want to work here?
No global movement springs from individuals. It takes an entire team united behind something big. On the Trust and Safety team at Airbnb, we’re proud to be at the forefront of the sharing economy. We recognize that we are the leaders of a new, worldwide phenomenon, and it’s why we’ve worked so hard to build the trust at its foundation.
With 100 million lifetime guests, and 2 million listings in over 190 countries, trust is what makes it work. Together, we work hard, we laugh a lot, and we are passionate about working to create the most trusted community in the world. We are looking for enthusiastic, dedicated crisis management investigators who will be able to help our hosts and guests when they need us the most.
- Background in advocacy, crisis management, or e-commerce customer service experience in risk management or related Trust and Safety field.
- Language skills: Fluent English
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent and knowledge of a second (market-specific) language
- Strong verbal (phone) and written (email) interpersonal communication skills
- Passion for dispute resolution and a drive for results
- Detail Oriented - you do your due diligence when completing an investigation
- Background in advocacy, crisis response, dispute mitigation, or emergency response management
- Or, background in fraud and/or online investigations with experience handling personal injury, personal harm, or property damage related issues
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Solid judgment and a strong moral compass
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and customer service skills
- Calm and empathetic - you are able to adapt to any situation by personalizing responses and educating our community while remaining level headed in tough situations.
- Ability to multi-task, organize and work with rapidly changing priorities.
- Innovative and passionate about continued process improvement.
- Idea-driven, confident and articulate.
Responsibilities will include a combination of the following:
- Assisting with escalated issues and initiating the user dispute request process
- Investigating both sides of incident disputes and negotiating collaboratively
- Verifying facts and reaching policy-based determinations for effective resolution
- Working to educate our hosts and guests to promote positive experiences
- Educating users on how to maintain security and safety while using Airbnb responsibly
- Monitoring flagged and inappropriate content and identifying trends in online risk
- Working with Trust & Safety support teams to develop and enhance internal policies and tools
- Investigating cases involving complex damages, trauma or personal harm, or brand risk
- Evaluating both property damages and personal property damages
- Maintaining high levels of confidentiality while performing investigations
- Comprehensively documenting investigations through written reports
- Interfacing with internal communications and social media teams
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 33,000 cities and 192 countries.
Want to learn more about Airbnb? Visit Airbnb's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer - Integrations
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Senior Commercial & Product Counsel
DoorDash, San Francisco, CA
Senior Financial Analyst - Content FP&A
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Tax Graduate - Christchurch - Feb 2019 Start
KPMG New Zealand, Christchurch
Coordinator, Production Finance (JET)
Netflix, Los Angeles, California