Product Manager, Data Infrastructure
Airbnb, San Francisco, United States
Who wouldn't want to work here?
About the Org
The Infrastructure Team's mission is to build leverage for every Airbnb employee through technology - enabling all teams to quickly build high-quality, secure, scalable and compliant products and services. As part of the Airbnb Platform, we are a force-multiplier, scaling technologies for production, data, developer tools, design, information security and IT for every team and user within the company.
About the Team
The Data Infrastructure Team’s mission is to envision, build and deploy the next generation end-to-end platform for data ingestion, processing, storage, scheduling and analysis at petabyte scale to provide leverage for Airbnb. Every team at Airbnb—product, operations, customer support, and leadership—relies on our platform to make data informed decisions as well as power the business with data. Our products include everything from compute frameworks such as Hive, Spark, Druid and Flink to our popular open source project, Airflow.
About the Role
As the Product Manager of the Data Infrastructure Team, you will lead a prolific group of engineers, data scientists, and designers in building the platform. As an expert in data infrastructure, you will be responsible for reimagining how we use technology and data to enable the productivity of Airbnb.
- Lead the definition, development, and launch of data platform systems and features
- Work closely with key internal business stakeholders (e.g. engineering, data science, product managers) to understand user needs with data, identify gaps in our offerings and form product requirements. Dogfood data products to empathize with customers
- Identify data platform opportunities and establish a shared product vision, strategy and roadmap to make the vision a reality
- Own and lead the outcome for providing every Airbnb employee with trusted infrastructure. Set ambitious goals, and measure and quantify impact on a regular basis
- Bridge the gap between business and engineering, functioning with deep expertise in both worlds
- Define and analyze metrics that inform product success & health
- Collaborate together with external companies and partners in the open-source community
- Foster a culture of data informed decision making
- 5+ years of product management or related experience with a focus on software products and technologies
- Proven experience launching successful products and features related to data infrastructure
- Deep familiarity with Big Data infrastructure technologies (such as Hadoop, Spark, Presto, Druid, Kafka and Flink), relational databases and data products generally
- Highly technical, garnering respect from engineers
- Strong organizational, analytical & problem-solving skills
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to lead teams and work cross-functionally with technical and non-technical team members up to and including executives in a highly collaborative environment
- Deep understanding and empathy for users
- Ability to thrive and adapt in a fast-paced, high-growth and rapidly changing environment
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Strong understanding of microservice-based technical architecture for highly scalable web and mobile applications
- Experience with AWS data products such as EMR, S3 and EC2
- Strong knowledge of SQL
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 33,000 cities and 192 countries.
Want to learn more about Airbnb? Visit Airbnb's website.
Jobs You May Like
Product Manager - Core
Teachable, New York, NY
Appier, Taipei, Taiwan
Security Product Manager - SF
Looker, San Francisco
Product Owner Driver App (m/f)
Embedded Software / Firmware Engineer
Optimus Ride, Boston, MA
Software Engineer, Product
Lattice, San Francisco, CA