Program Manager, Security Awareness
Airbnb, San Francisco, California
Who wouldn't want to work here?
Airbnb’s mission is to create a world where people can Belong Anywhere. As we grow to achieve that mission, we’re looking to add a security-minded, mission-driven Program Manager for Security Awareness to build out a multi-channel, multi-audience security awareness program and execute that program to educate, train and bring awareness of good security practices and policies to all staff at Airbnb and future acquisitions. The work will also involve driving education and evangelisation of Airbnb’s Security Development Lifecycle and is going to be a key function for the Security Engineering team. This work will require cross-functional collaboration with all parts of the organization. If you possess a blend of strategic, tactical and technical security skills, and can combine that with business insight and building and maintaining meaningful program, we are looking for you.
- Design information security training/education and awareness program with an implementation roadmap to reduce organizational risk that is related to lack of training.
- Identify and help develop topic specific security awareness content and curriculum for appropriate audiences (i.e. application security, corporate, phishing)
- Develop strategies to better educate developers to mature Airbnb’s Security Development Lifecycle and evangelize best practices.
- Ensure security awareness courses communicates security policies, standards and requirements ensuring the audience understands how to follow them.
- Determine methods of delivery including evaluation and implementation of tools.
- Prepare and present reports and metrics for InfoSec leadership including but not limited to: coverage/participation, effectiveness.
- Proven track record for developing and implementing a security awareness program for medium-to-large sized companies, for multiple audiences
- Can effectively analyze and adjust communication style and mode to different audiences
- Understanding of the Security Development Lifecycle and how to strategize, as well as incentivize following best practices around secure coding.
- Proven ability to build training materials and conduct training sessions, and can bring excitement and empowerment to others to learn and be curious about security risks/threats.
- Strong knowledge in a broad range of information security topics, understands security best practices, and can incorporate those practices (or lack thereof) into training/awareness curriculum
- Proven ability to be able to work across all areas of an organization and at all levels
- 7+ years experience in Information Security, preferably with an emphasis in security awareness program activities
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter Subsidies
- Community Involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Much more...
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 33,000 cities and 192 countries.
Want to learn more about Airbnb? Visit Airbnb's website.
Jobs You May Like
SDET, Computer Vision - Contractor
Magic Leap, Inc., Sunnyvale, CA
Senior Data Engineer ($250k - $300k)
Blue Owl, San Francisco, CA
Hotstar, Bangalore, Karnataka
Full-Stack Engineer - Vilnius (React.js/Node.js)
Electrical Hardware Engineer
Tile, San Mateo, CA
Velodyne, San Jose, CA