Do you wake up everyday asking yourself how you can efficiently manage a localization program? Are you comfortable with change management? Are you a self-driven globalization program manager? Do you love working with content, design, and engineering teams? Do you want to be part of one of the teams that is actively working on bringing to life Airbnb’s mission, where everyone can belong anywhere? Do you love to work in a fast-paced, fun, fast-growing company? Do you like to work in a multicultural team? Do you like to collect and analyze data and use this data to make better decisions?
If you answered yes to all the questions above, we would love to talk to you, as the Localization team at Airbnb is looking for a highly experienced Localization Program Manager.
- Responsible for proactively partnering with all relevant Airbnb product teams & functions to deliver on-time, high-quality localized experiences to all Airbnb end-users.
- The LPM represents the Globalization team with all Airbnb product teams for planning and execution of international launches.
- Proactively work closely with all Airbnb teams & functions to ensure we deliver world-class globalized products that are culturally-relevant and linguistically-appropriate:
- Advise/educate Airbnb’s product teams on globalization best practices.
- Own the international end-user experience and partner with the relevant product teams PMs, Content Strategy, Design, Language Managers, our Translation Vendor and Engineering to remove all risks from international launches and continuously improve quality.
- Continuously improve processes and services to adapt to changing needs.
- Manage end-to-end one or more localization programs.
- Identify and predict obstacles, collisions and risk to projects & programs across multiple teams and seek solutions to eliminate them.
- Ensure pertinent information is communicated and understood throughout the global team and relevant product development teams.
- Own the creation and management of high level Localization project & program timelines.
- Facilitate strategic stakeholder meetings including preparing agendas, keeping conversation on-track and establishing action items and owners.
- 5 years in Globalization Operations, Globalization Technology or Globalization Program Management, translation quality, helping core product teams to recognize and integrate international requirements.
- Track record of managing and shipping complex and high-quality globalized products in a digital product org.
- Has a proven record of leading project management efforts for customer-facing content for websites, web apps, mobile apps, marketing and multimedia.
- Demonstrable knowledge of what it takes to create truly local content that delights end-user.
- Self-starter, self-motivated outcome oriented individual who seeks ownership and accountability.
- Displays consistent entrepreneur attitude. Is propositive, self-motivated and a self-starter. Can independently initiate new initiatives and projects.
- Is able to create connections and alliances across the company and is a master of clear and global communication.
- Comfortable working in outreach mode rather than intake mode, striving to identify our cross-functional partners' needs and business goals. Is comfortable educating our stakeholders about our services and negotiating course of action.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with experience interacting with senior leadership and product managers in a fast paced environment.
- Able to manage teams and stakeholders with little guidance. Includes ability to mitigate risk, and self-prioritize work.
- Competent with JIRA, Asana or equivalent.
- Passionate and enthusiastic about excellence and attention to detail.
- Comfortable with ambiguity in a fluid organization.
Seeks out opportunities for self-development and continuing education.
- Understanding of CMS technology and Translation Management Systems.
- Experience of working in a global enterprise liaising the needs of local marketing teams to central US product teams for the purpose of ensuring the success of international launches.
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 33,000 cities and 192 countries.
Want to learn more about Airbnb? Visit Airbnb's website.
Jobs You May Like
UX Director, Start
Shopify, Toronto, Canada
Senior User Researcher, Fulfillment (Contract)
Instacart, San Francisco, CA
Product Designer (Web Presence)
Eventbrite, Madrid, Spain
Visual Interaction Designer
Interaction Designer – Fjord
Accenture, CA - San Francisco, USA
Director of Design
Mixpanel, San Francisco