Engineering Manager, Promotions Platform
Airbnb, San Francisco, United States
Who wouldn't want to work here?
The Promotions Platform team is part of the Trip Platform Organization. Trip Platform’s vision is for Airbnb to be the best place to plan and book the magical end-to-end trip. We provide a centralized platform that makes launching and growing a business at Airbnb easier and faster and by building products that help guests navigate our ecosystem and make trip planning decisions.
The Promotions Platform team is responsible for providing a self-serve platform or creating and delivering content in search, email, push notifications and other channels so that every team within Airbnb across the world is empowered to autonomously create personalized promotions to be delivered to guests and hosts at the right place, at the right moment, with the right message. Challenges include
- Designing and creating a world-class Campaign Management Software aimed at serving both technical and non-technical end users
- High throughput services for audience targeting, content selection ranking, frequency capping, and more across all channels
- Infrastructure for supporting high volume delivery of all emails, push notifications, SMS, and more
- Impact-oriented and optimistic - you are self-starting, focused and ready to do what it takes to win
- Growth-minded - you want to expand your skill set in a fast-paced environment
- Communicate - you believe it’s critical for others to understand your work, ideas and context and you work to cascade that information to the team
- Resolute - you help develop healthy environments for technical decision making and proactively reduce team thrash
- Aware and Empathic - you are a champion of our culture, keep a pulse on team morale and contribute unprompted
- Adaptable - you thrive in an environment where things change quickly
- 7+ years of relevant engineering work experience and 2+ hands-on technical management experience
- Exceptional coding abilities and experience with architectural patterns of large, high-scale applications
- Track record in partnering with recruiting to build incredible engineering teams
- Actively coached, mentored, and grew team members in their careers
- Been actively involved in setting product strategy
- Independently started self-sustaining teams
- Consistently made culture choices that positively impact all of engineering
- Shipped several large scale projects with multiple dependencies across teams
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter subsidies
- Community involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Much more...
Airbnb has Engineering offices along the West Coast in the U.S. and our teams are growing quickly! Contact us to find out which office works best for you.
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 33,000 cities and 192 countries.
Want to learn more about Airbnb? Visit Airbnb's website.
Jobs You May Like
Engineering Manager - Claims
Collective Health, San Francisco
Research Scientist, Bikes & Scooters
Lyft, New York
Cloud Security Engineer
Twilio, San Francisco, CA
Lead Software Developer - Security
Peloton, NY HQ
Software Engineer - Machine Learning