No global movement springs from individuals. It takes an entire team united behind something big. Airbnb helps anyone belong anywhere as the world’s largest community-driven hospitality company. Every day, we connect thousands of guests and hosts online, leading to meaningful experiences in the real world. We’re helping people live like locals in parts unknown while breaking down cultural barriers and bringing people together.
Portfolio required to apply.
- Lead the design of large-scale projects from concept through execution with little oversight.
- Execute in a fast-paced environment with a high amount of ambiguity.
- Direct and manage the creative output of 1-2 other designers.
- Partner closely with Product, Engineering, Data Science, Research and Content to define problems, map user flows, prototype interactions, and launch new products.
- Accountable for the end to end product development process, including selling through ideas and presenting to all levels of leadership.
- Define and execute on big ideas that drive the team mission and goals forward.
- Design elegant flows & interactions for a global audience across platforms.
- Continually advocate for our users.
- Partner and negotiate with teams across Airbnb.
- Mentor other designers to promote a culture of design excellence.
- Proactively provide and solicit feedback from designers and cross-disciplinary partners.
- Recommended 8+ years of experience with end-to-end product design.
- Thrive in ambiguity.
- Demonstrated history for leading the design of large complex initiatives.
- Previous leadership experience; you’ve lead designers and provided guidance to cross-functional partners like content strategy and research.
- Track record as a strong collaborator with product managers and engineers.
- Excellent communication skills, high energy, and an optimistic attitude to inspire others.
- Heavy UX experience, with some brand and visual design experience.
- Lo-fi & hi-fi prototyping skills
- Demonstrated experience with end-to-end product design
- Cross-platform design expertise (Web, android, iOS, emails)
- Based in San Francisco, CA
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 33,000 cities and 192 countries.
Want to learn more about Airbnb? Visit Airbnb's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior User Experience Designer
C3, Redwood City
Rosetta Stone, Boston, MA USA
Organisational Design Lead
Sr. UX Designer
Wizeline, Guadalajara, Mexico
Unity Technical Artist
Niantic inc., Seattle Area (Bellevue)
Senior Product Designer - Shipping Services
Shopify, Ottawa, Canada