Engineering Manager, Payments Operational Tooling
Airbnb, Seattle, United States
Who wouldn't want to work here?
The Payments team at Airbnb works on everything related to settling money in Airbnb’s global marketplace. We build technology that powers Airbnb’s massive daily transaction volume to collect payments from guests and distribute payouts to hosts. Our goal is to make the Payment experience on Airbnb as delightful, magical, intuitive, and easy as possible.
See https://www.airbnb.com/careers/departments/engineering/payments to learn more about the team.
The Seattle-based Payments North team is looking for an Engineering Manager to lead our Payments Operational Tooling team. Payments Operational Tooling is a key investment to enable a world class payments operation across the world. The team builds fullstack infrastructure and application tools that abstract the complexity of our payments system and supports efficient operations for multiple internal teams within Airbnb.
We value Engineering Managers who have:
- 4+ years of hands-on technical management experience
- 8+ years of relevant engineering work experience
- Strong coding abilities and experience with architectural patterns of large, high-scale applications
- Experience with building payments systems
- Experience in partnering with other leaders in setting product strategy
- Successfully partnered with Product, Data Science, Finance, Legal, and Compliance functions
- Experience working with and leading cross site teams
- Track record in partnering with recruiting to build incredible engineering teams
- Actively coached and mentored team members in their careers
- Consistently made culture choices that positively impact all of engineering
- Shipped several large scale projects with multiple dependencies across teams
- Bonus: Proficiency with Ruby on Rails & Java
- Bonus: Experience with tax determination solutions
Our team owns the movement of money across all of AirBnB so we have to hold ourselves to a very high bar:
- We are a team of entrepreneurs that are highly autonomous and full stack.
- We care about availability, reliability, testability, and solid engineering design.
- We keep up with change by evolving as individuals.
- Our top priorities change frequently where we constantly pivot towards things that are high impact.
- We are adaptive and well-balanced when considering solutions and the spectrum of possibilities.
- We recognize that crafting software is a technical exercise mixed into a social exercise and thus communication matters, being proactive matters, and being influential matters.
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter subsidies
- Community involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Much more...
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 33,000 cities and 192 countries.