Product Manager, Search Intelligence
Airbnb, San Francisco, United States
Who wouldn't want to work here?
About Trip Platform
Our vision is to build an experience to allow users to complete the entire travel lifecycle in one app. Since November 2016, Airbnb has launched multiple businesses to augment our accommodations business (e.g. Experiences, Restaurants, Airbnb Plus, Luxury) and expects to continue scaling up the number of verticals to address gaps in our travel ecosystem.
The Trip Platform team delivers and maintains a cohesive experience through which guests on Airbnb explore our offerings across verticals, plan the details of their trip collaboratively and look for assistance while on trip. Additionally, the team provides generic solutions enabling integration that supports our existing and future businesses; making it easier to launch new offerings and cheaper to maintain existing ones.
The Trip Platform Search team helps users find the best inventory and content for their needs. By joining the Search team you'll have an opportunity to make an impact on millions of Airbnb users across the world. We are responsible for creating a cohesive strategy for search across all of our businesses (Homes, Experiences, Luxe, Plus, Transportation). We ship product features to enable our guests to plan their end-to-end trip, and build platforms to allow our partners from different businesses to integrate their content.
About The Role
You will be responsible for surfacing highly relevant and personalized results to each user. You will work with machine learning experts on the team to build ranking systems that surfaces the right content and inventory to meet user and business needs. In this highly visible role, you will work closely with cross-functional teams across Airbnb to identify key opportunities, create a compelling vision for the next generation ranking and promotion system, define success criteria, drive alignment, manage roadmap, and ship products.
- Understand user and business needs; identify and define product requirements
- Create clear goals for the team. Drive product development with a world-class team of Engineers and Data Scientists to deliver impact for our business and users
- Build alignment across product teams, cross-functional partners and Leadership/Executive team. Communicate concisely and influence outcomes
- Communicate highly sophisticated relevance systems to broader stakeholders to facilitate good business decisions for the marketplace
- Develop the product roadmap and build consensus on prioritization which drives product execution
- Define and analyze metrics that inform product success & health
- Foster a culture of data informed decision making
- 5+ years of technical product management experience
- Technical background as represented by 2+ years industry experience as an engineer, data scientist, or related quantitative role
- Experience using A/B testing to make business critical launch decisions
- Demonstrated track record of product leadership. Ability to lead and influence teams
- Outcome oriented: articulates the desired outcome and works collaboratively to create a path to achieve it; proven ability to bring simplicity and measurable results to complex situations
- Rigorous: asks hard questions, validates their assumptions, and makes sure dots connect on goals
- Excellent communicator
- Technical Product Management experience preferably in machine learning, relevance and recommendation systems.
- Search related experience is strongly preferred
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 33,000 cities and 192 countries.
Want to learn more about Airbnb? Visit Airbnb's website.
Jobs You May Like
Intricately, San Francisco
Lead Product Manager
N26, New York City
Senior User Researcher
Senior Software Engineer - Backend
Pocket, San Francisco, Mountain View, Remote US
UX Writer Istanbul/Poland
Insider, Istanbul, Turkey
Product Manager - Email Platform
Twilio, Irvine, CA