Technical Education Program Manager
Airbnb, San Francisco, United States
Who wouldn't want to work here?
Technical Education Program Manager
Founded in 2008, Airbnb’s mission is to create a world where people can belong through healthy travel that is local, authentic, diverse, inclusive and sustainable. Airbnb uniquely leverages technology to economically empower millions of people around the world to unlock and monetize their spaces, passions and talents to become hospitality entrepreneurs. Airbnb’s accommodation marketplace provides access to 5+ million unique places to stay in more than 81,000 cities and 191 countries. With Experiences, Airbnb offers unprecedented access to local communities and interests through 15,000 unique, handcrafted activities run by hosts across 1,000+ cities around the world. Airbnb's people-to-people platform benefits all its stakeholders, including hosts, guests, employees and the communities in which it operates.
In order to build the world's most loved travel company, we need the world's most interesting and talented people. Are you one of them? If so, we want to talk to you!
Role & Responsibility
The Technical Education and Development Team is responsible for a large number of technical learning and professional development programs across several offices at Airbnb. As a Technical Education Program Manager, you will drive targeted technical education programs. You will lead the creation, maintenance, execution and measurement of the programs. You will also be responsible for operationalizing and reporting on the programs’ progress to engineering leadership.
For this role, we are looking for someone to partner with engineering teams and leadership to identify knowledge gaps and develop learning paths to accelerate knowledge and productivity.
- Build and develop relationships with all stakeholders, SME’s and team members, communicating updates and program information on a regular basis and craft the most effective training strategy and interventions to support engineering training needs.
- Assess technical training needs for engineers by determining skill and knowledge gaps and recommend formats for delivery of content.
- Design and deliver course and lab content for technical courses, including but not limited to instructor presentations, student guides, self-paced lab activities, demos and simulations.
- Develop and deliver training components that provide engaging, challenging, and meaningful learning experiences.
- Maintain professional relationships with curriculum consumers to ensure accurate and timely understanding of program successes and challenges.
- Develop learning assessment success metrics.
- 3-5+ years of engineering education or training/enablement experience.
- 9+ years of total work experience.
- Experience working with technical teams with the ability to understand technical content.
- Exceptional presentation, communication, facilitation and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to build key relationships with technical staff across all levels.
- Experienced in program management and design.
- Experience developing/deploying blended learning content at a global scale.
- Understanding of software engineering development, software security, and site reliability engineering.
- Proficiency in course development applications & tools.
- Strong project management skills.
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 33,000 cities and 192 countries.