Engineering Manager, Storage
Airbnb’s mission is to create a world where people can Belong Anywhere. As we grow to achieve that mission, we’re looking to add highly technical, hands-on, and mission-driven Engineering Managers to lead our engineering efforts.
The Storage team is leading one of the most critical infrastructure efforts at Airbnb. The Storage team’s mission is to provide a world-class storage experience to developers that is reliable, scalable, compliant and easy to use in a cost efficient way. The Storage team builds in-house storage solutions that power Airbnb, as well as providing foundational storage offerings from different cloud providers.
As engineering manager, you’ll lead a team of talented engineers shaping Airbnb’s storage architecture and investing in long-term solutions that will serve the company effectively for the next decade.
Some examples of current work:
- Build and maintain scalable and reliable databases/caches services to serve the whole company.
- Provide unified storage interfaces that abstract away different underlying storage engines.
- Design and implement multi-region solutions for storage systems.
- Work with business and platform teams and build storage solutions to support various use cases.
- Evaluate cutting edge storage technologies in the industry and bring those to suit Airbnb needs.
We value Engineering Managers who have:
- BS, MS or Ph.D. in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 7+ years of work experience in MySQL related areas, familiar with modern distributed data storage/processing systems.
- 3+ years of hands-on technical management experience. You'll start with a mid-sized team and will have the opportunity to scale and build out a high-performing team.
- Excellent execution, organization and ability to collaborate. To be successful in this role, you will need to bring together all key stakeholders and customers, and keep strategic thinking in mind. You will be actively involved in setting infrastructure roadmaps and strategy. Exceptional communication skills is a must.
- Excelled at building highly-functional, healthy, inclusive and collaborative teams.
- Track record in partnering with recruiting to build incredible engineering teams.
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter subsidies
- Community involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Much more...
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 33,000 cities and 192 countries.