Airbnb’s Corporate Development group focuses on evaluating and executing acquisitions, investments, and strategic partnerships, and also supports fundraising efforts when applicable. Representative projects include the acquisition and integration of Luxury Retreats, an investment and commercial partnership with Resy, support for fundraising activities, and creating a strategic roadmap for prioritizing opportunities outside of accommodations. The team is small and works closely with Airbnb’s CFO and other senior leaders across the organization. We are seeking a Principal with 5-7+ years of relevant finance and/or consulting experience to be based in our San Francisco headquarters.
- Lead the evaluation of potential acquisitions, investments, and partnerships in conjunction with business partners
- Collect and analyze company and external data, summarizing key takeaways into presentations and memos to inform Airbnb’s senior management and board of directors
- Represent Airbnb in external meetings and help marshal internal stakeholders for acquisitions, investments, and partnerships
- Conduct primary and secondary industry research on potential new verticals and business opportunities for Airbnb
- Help support the finance leadership team with special projects and assignments related to increasing business efficiency and impact
- Generate and develop new ideas for our business; come up with actionable ways to implement in partnership with product, marketing, and operations teams
- Work closely with a small team (currently five people in total) to support acquisition and partnership diligence and integration across a wide range of functions at Airbnb (e.g., product, marketing, customer service, payments, etc.)
- B.A. or B.S. from an accredited four-year college or university.
- 5-7+ years of financial analysis experience in investment banking, management consulting, private equity, corporate development, or equivalent roles, ideally with exposure to the consumer internet, technology, or travel industries.
- Data savvy with an intellectual curiosity to drill deep to uncover business drivers and can communicate insightful, actionable recommendations to business partners.
- Mission-driven, enthusiastic to learn and grow within the Airbnb community and embody our Core Values; team-oriented with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Strong analytical skills; general familiarity with accounting and corporate finance.
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate key ideas, both verbally and in writing.
- Comfortable generating insights and communicating recommendations to all levels of the organization.
- Highly organized, independent, and self-motivated; commitment to delivering consistently accurate and high quality work product.
- Demonstrated ability to dig into the details and work collaboratively with stakeholders across departments and levels.
- Familiarity with SQL or database syntax is a plus.
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 33,000 cities and 192 countries.
Want to learn more about Airbnb? Visit Airbnb's website.
Jobs You May Like
Project Manager and System Administrator (m/f)
Commercial - General Applications UAE
noon.com, Dubai, UAE
Corporate Finance Analyst
Rocket Lawyer, San Francisco
Vice President, Corporate Controller
Workfront, Lehi, Utah
Senior Commercial Counsel
Rubrik, Palo Alto, CA
Accounts Payable Specialist
Zipline, Half Moon Bay, CA