The Global Mobility Manager is responsible for the design, development, implementation and communication of innovative global mobility plans, programs, solutions and policies at the corporate and business level that ensure Airbnb is able to attract and retain the best talent in the industry. In addition, you will provide mobility expertise and leadership ensuring that the Company’s programs meet business needs and regulatory requirements. The ideal candidate has a pulse on emerging markets and practices and is considered an industry thought leader with contacts across the industry.
- Develop, initiate and implement Airbnb’s overall Global Mobility strategy and philosophy.
- Assess current mobility programs, practices and policies alongside the market and market trends; as well as tax, social and legislative changes with the goal of delivering world-class employee experiences and market competitiveness.
- Direct the planning, development, implementation, administration, strategic planning and budgeting for the Company’s global mobility programs.
- Manage the strategic business partnerships, program support and relationship with all external vendors and third parties to deliver quality benefits and services while controlling costs.
- Consult with the business and Talent to provide advice and guidance on mobility (immigration / relocation / tax) issues.
- Provide advice and consultation to identify the most appropriate transfer / assignment or immigration route to meet business, employee and compliance needs.
- Serve as a resource to employees, managers, HR, Legal, Finance and Payroll for mobility (immigration / relocation / taxation) issues related to mobile employees.
- Design and develop processes and tools to effectively manage mobile employees.
- Innovate policies and processes to enhance the employee experience and maximize the effectiveness of global mobility programs.
- Manage the immigration program for all locations worldwide, development and implementation of global immigration policy.
- Create and align governance around worldwide mobility programs.
- Ensure global compliance with current legislation / regulations. Monitor legislative and law changes affecting this area of responsibilities; and updates plans and plan documents.
- Build, guide, mentor, motivate and retain a team of outstanding Mobility professionals.
- Proven track-record of at least 12 years’ experience in a Consulting or Mobility function with a strong background in design, development and delivery of mobility programs for large multinational companies is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of emerging global markets and market trends, as well a deep understanding of emerging cultural and competitive practices
- Previous experience in a software / technology company or fast-paced, global and matrixed environment.
- Solid knowledge of global mobility developments and the innate curiosity and desire to learn more.
- Experience in successfully building, leading and developing high-performing, global teams. Understands and accounts for regional and cultural differences.
- Strategic thinker combined with tactical execution. Analytically minded approach and good problem-solving and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrates excellent business judgment and ability to move and evolve with the fast-changing needs of the company.
- Proven ability to deal with ambiguity and work well under pressure to meet deadlines within short time constraints whilst maintaining the utmost attention to detail.
- Ability to navigate the complexities of multiple internal and external stakeholders including our senior leadership team with strong written and verbal communication skills.
Critical Competencies for Success
- Passion for Results: Drive high standards for individual, team, and organizational accomplishment; tenaciously work to meet or exceed challenging goals; derive satisfaction from goal achievement and continuous improvement.
- Compelling Communication and Influencing Skills: Clearly and succinctly convey information and ideas to individuals and groups; communicate in a focused and compelling way that captures and holds others’ attention. Create and execute influencing strategies that persuade key stakeholders to take action towards advancing shared interests and business goals.
- Analytical Skills: Secure and compare information from multiple sources to identify core issues; commit to an action plan after weighing alternative solutions against decision criteria; proactively and quickly make sense of complex issues; respond effectively to complex and ambiguous situations.
- Business Acumen: Demonstrate a keen understanding of basic business operations and the organizational levers (systems, processes, departments, functions) that drive profitable growth; draws from personal experience to quickly evaluate business plans and processes to identify data or recommendations that need further investigation.
- Build and Maintain High Performing Organizations: Establish systems and processes to attract, develop, engage, and retain talented individuals; creating a work environment where people can realize their full potential; thus, allowing the organization to meet current and future business challenges.
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 33,000 cities and 192 countries.