We are looking for brilliant minds to join Airbnb. In particular, those who have a passion for the sharing economy and the drive and dedication needed to continue delighting our users and to enable them to share unique and meaningful experiences around the world.
Based in San Francisco, your role as a member of the Airbnb legal team will involve (1) managing a small team of commercial attorneys and negotiators, while working closely with business partners across North America to provide practical and commercially focused legal advice and support and (2) leading development of legal processes and standards to effectively scale our commercial transactions as we continue to grow. Your role will require a high degree of self-sufficiency, organizational skills, pro activity and an ability to enjoy a quick-paced and busy environment. You will operate as part of a supportive, fun and friendly team. This role reports to the Deputy General Counsel - Corporate.
- Management of commercial legal team, providing day to day guidance on deals, ensuring escalations and approvals happen appropriately, and mentoring and developing team members.
- Lead development and maintenance of scalable contract management systems, processes and standards.
- Serve as an ambassador and thought leader for the commercial team (domestically and internationally).
- Provide commercial contracting guidance and leadership for various agreements ranging from NDAs, strategic partnerships, product focused service provider arrangements, day-to-day operational and event agreements, promotional partnerships, software and service agreements as well as agency agreements and releases.
- Provide legal and strategic business advice to help develop a comprehensive, long-term approach to our relationships with key partners and the commercial aspects of our key products and programs.
- Evolve and refine templates and processes to increase efficiency and scalability of legal support.
- Administration and resolution of legal issues and contract interpretation matters that arise in existing commercial relationships.
- Stay up-to-date and keep the team advised on laws and regulations dealing with privacy, online/mobile advertising, and consumer protection in order to better support commercial transactions.
- Research complex and nuanced legal issues; create, update and maintain actionable guidelines.
- Creative, flexible and experienced commercial attorney with business orientated outlook.
- 12-15 years of relevant experience.
- Strong, proven ability to work cross functionally with business partners.
- General experience with working in an international and multicultural working environment with geographically dispersed team members.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and pressurized environment and to act decisively.
- Provide quick, concise, and practical legal advice consistent with Airbnb’s business objectives.
- Advise and where necessary problem-solve as pro-actively and commercially aggressively as possible.
- A passion for Airbnb with a strong knowledge and keen interest in travel.
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- In-house experience, preferably in the technology sector.
- Computer literacy with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Qualified lawyer with Bar admission in the United States.
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 33,000 cities and 192 countries.
Want to learn more about Airbnb? Visit Airbnb's website.
Jobs You May Like
Principal, Corporate Development
Airbnb, San Francisco, California
Head of Regional Compliance - Europe
Compliance and Audit Manager
Andela, Lagos, Nigeria
Counsel, Marketing - Documentaries & Unscripted
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Sr. Product Analyst
Box, Redwood City, CA
Senior Account Manager