With over 100 million lifetime guests and now 3 million listings in over 191 countries, trust is what makes it work. Together, we work hard, we laugh a lot, and we’re fiercely committed to creating a world where you can belong anywhere. Our global crisis management teams are responsible for empathetic and effective resolution of personal safety incidents on the Airbnb platform - keeping our guests and hosts safe when it matters most. We are looking for an enthusiastic, dedicated leader who knows how motivate and inspire a team in a cutting-edge and fast-paced risk management environment.
The Property Security Functional Lead is directly accountable for the performance of their team of assigned specialists and for working to drive efficiency and quality, in collaboration with peers and cross-functional stakeholders, to achieve the objectives and strategic vision set by our Global Functional Manager. Team leads are responsible for the coaching and development of specialists on their team and for connecting our functional strategy into specific, meaningful goals and measurable results for the day-to-day work of their teams. The Property Security Functional Lead will also work closely with Legal, Communications, Public Policy, and other cross-functional teams to inform the policies, programs, and systems that improve the overall quality and performance of the department.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of your team through scheduling, shift approvals, team and one-to-one meetings, while working collaboratively with other team leads.
- Includes handling escalated and complex fraud investigations, urgent escalations, property damage claims, and personal safety concerns or other crisis management.
- May also include project management (incl. developing project management abilities within your team) and light data analysis.
- Foster employee happiness by being a human leader, creating team connections, communicating direction and goals, and providing regular performance feedback that fosters positive employee career growth.
- Develop and refine a working knowledge of all workflows, and train and coach your team to ensure that these are followed to a high standard of quality and performance.
- Think critically and constantly evaluate policies and procedures; find ways to increase efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Understand top user issues and other quality or customer insight data, and support your team in making data-supported recommendations to improve our product, policies, and procedures.
- Serve as Point of Contact for urgent or other sensitive cases within your region, spending time each week working on tickets and other escalated issues to refine subject matter expertise.
- Drive your team to meet and exceed metrics expectations; understand how leverage the team to improve outcomes and take action to meet goals.
- Understand how to balance and prioritize the above based on seasonality and the needs of customers, team and Airbnb.
- Lead and/or participate in projects outside of the scope of your department, as assigned by your manager.
- Minimum 2-4 years leadership experience leading, inspiring and motivating multicultural teams to meet operational goals and targets. Desired fields: Claims, Complaints, Insurance, or similar.
- Strong understanding of a claims process
- Ability to work and problem-solve independently, collaboratively, or through delegation..
- Strong networking abilities, presentation and communication skills.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to understand and execute policy and procedures
- Passionate about business improvement.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills; must be able to tell a story with data and metrics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Maintaining high levels of confidentiality while performing investigations
- Works well in ambiguity and embraces the adventure!
Not required but desired
- Understanding of ‘Third Party Administrating’ concepts is a plus
- Program management and/or project management experience/studies
- SQL; Big Data, data analysis.
- Experience with Partner(Vendor) relationship
- Language proficiency in English
- Experience in any of the following:
- Insurance, Victim Advocacy, Mediation, claim and/or complaints management or Other Crisis Management/Brand Risk Experience
- Background in business administration, program and/or project management, mediation, Insurance, or related fields
- Risk Management experience, focusing on escalated issues
- Operations Management in risk, or crisis management
- Desired, but not Required:
- Media training or brand-risk management
- Data analytic abilities (e.g. Sequel or similar a plus)
- Proficiency in 1 additional language
- Breakfast, Lunch, Snacks
- Health insurance
- Bike to Work Program
- Travel Pass Program
- Life Assurance
- Pension Plan Assistance
- Quarterly Airbnb Travel Coupon ($2000 per year)
Does this sound like you? Click the APPLY button now and send us your CV and cover letter.
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 33,000 cities and 192 countries.
Want to learn more about Airbnb? Visit Airbnb's website.
Jobs You May Like
Sales Operations Manager
Pinterest, San Francisco
Team Leader for South America (Japanese Market)
Ventura TRAVEL, Anywhere
Senior Account Manager - NYC
Vistar Media, New York, NY
Application Security Engineer
Intersection, New York
Human Resources Generalist
Call9, Brooklyn, NY
User Generated Content Team Lead - Trust & Safety
Airbnb, Dublin, Ireland