Engineering Manager, Data Engineering
Airbnb, San Francisco, United States
Who wouldn't want to work here?
Engineering Manager, Data Engineering, Financial Infrastructure at Airbnb
The Financial Infrastructure, Data Engineering team focuses on integrating with Payment systems to ingest accurate and complete financial data. We build scalable and robust pipeline infrastructure to enable Airbnb financial reporting. We work with different partner teams to turn our data pipeline into a quality feedback system through a real time reconciliation process.
The Payments team at Airbnb is responsible for everything related to settling money in Airbnb’s global marketplace. We build technology that powers Airbnb’s massive daily transaction volume to collect payments from guests and distribute payouts to hosts. Our goal is to make the Payment experience on Airbnb as delightful, magical, intuitive, and easy as possible.
See https://www.airbnb.com/careers/departments/engineering/payments to learn more about the team.
We value Engineering Managers who have:
- 7+ years of relevant engineering work experience and 2+ hands-on technical management experience
- Exceptional coding abilities and experience with architectural patterns of large, high-scale applications
- Track record in partnering with recruiting to build incredible engineering teams
- Actively coached and mentored team members in their careers
- Been actively involved in setting product strategy
- Independently started self-sustaining teams
- Consistently made culture choices that positively impact all of engineering
- Shipped several large scale projects with multiple dependencies across teams
The team you manage will be responsible for (Skills and Qualifications):
- Working with data at petabyte scale, designing and managing operations of distributed systems
- ETL or Pipeline design and implementation (Hive/Spark Preferred)
- Use and development of open source technologies like Kafka, Hadoop, Hive, Presto, and Spark
- Working knowledge of relational databases and query authoring
- Experience in Java, Scala, and Spark
- Rigor in high code quality, automated testing, and other engineering best practices
- Bonus: Payment data processing or system design knowledge
- Bonus: NoSQL database experience such as Cassandra or HBase
- Bonus: Finance experience (data warehousing, GAAP reporting, reconciliation, and more)
We aim to be a force multiplier for the business by allowing it be increasingly global, making sure it is always running and available, and continuing to innovate on all fronts. We evolve ourselves, our team and our systems in calculated, focused and intelligent ways. Every single team member (both existing and new) contributes additional insight and perspective to improve the future of Payments at Airbnb.
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter subsidies
- Community involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Much more...
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 33,000 cities and 192 countries.
Want to learn more about Airbnb? Visit Airbnb's website.
Jobs You May Like
IT Network Engineer
Palantir Technologies, Palo Alto, CA
Senior Developer (m/w)
Software Engineer, Infrastructure
Airbnb, San Francisco, United States
Dyno Lab Technician
SF Motors, Santa Clara
Resultados Digitais, Brazil
Data Platform Engineer