Remark: Portfolio required to apply.
Airbnb is one of the world’s largest marketplaces for unique, authentic places to stay and things to do, offering over 7 million accommodations and 40,000 handcrafted activities, all powered by local hosts. An economic empowerment engine, Airbnb has helped millions of hospitality entrepreneurs monetize their spaces and their passions while keeping the financial benefits of tourism in their own communities. With more than half a billion guest arrivals to date, and accessible in 62 languages across 191 countries and regions, Airbnb promotes people-to-people connection, community and trust around the world.
About Airbnb China
As an independent business unit, China is one of the major engines behind Airbnb's global growth. The company has increased its investment in China and experienced rapid growth since officially entering the market at the end of 2015. Airbnb continues to focus on product localization and innovation to better serve local users and enhance the user experience, nurture a trusting local community, and engage Chinese Millennial travelers with inspiring brand moments. As one of the leaders in the home sharing industry, Airbnb works with partners across many fields to actively promote the sustainable development of this emerging industry and achieve win-win results for everyone. Airbnb will continue to build an efficient local team, bringing the end-to-end, authentic travel experience to Chinese travelers, and creating a world where "anyone can belong anywhere".
Our Design Team is growing and we want you to be part of it! Airbnb's experience designers make the complex simple and know the details aren't the details, they are the product. Do you love to choreograph the dance of getting users from A to B? Are your instincts in touch with a higher power known as 'usability'? Well then you get that the best interactions aren't even noticed by a user because the design gets out of their way.
China is the world’s largest, and fastest growing, outbound travel market. We’re looking for experience designers who are excited to localize our product for the Chinese audience, build new products for the market and help Chinese travelers explore the world through our local experiences, personable hosts, and unique accommodations.
- Partner with Product Managers, Engineers, Data Scientists, Researchers and Content Strategists to define problems & goals, map user flows, prototype interactions, and launch new products and services.
- Design elegant flows & interactions for a global audience across platforms.
- Give and solicit feedback from designers and cross-disciplinary partners.
- Executive in a fast-paced environment with ambiguity.
- 3-8 years of experience with end-to-end product design
- Excellent communication skills
- Lo-fi & hi-fi prototyping skills
- Have contributed as a leader in design and a strong collaborator with product managers and engineers
- Have shipped product
- Have cross-platform design experiences (Web, android, iOS, emails
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 33,000 cities and 192 countries.