Sr. Product Manager, Global Support Ambassador (Agent) + Operational Tools
Airbnb, Seattle, United States
Who wouldn't want to work here?
About Support Products
Success is about delivering great customer service for our users - both self help and human support - throughout their Airbnb journey. We believe that service will be a major differentiator and driver of Airbnb’s global success and growth. We’re building a technology platform that supports Airbnb as it scales, delivers an exceptional level of customer service and improves efficiency and the customer service agent experience.
About the Role
The Airbnb Support Products Sr. Product Manager, Global Support Ambassador (Agent) + Operational Tools will be responsible for leading the Community Support Platform Support Ambassador and Operational Tool products at Airbnb. Support Ambassadors are the lifeblood of our CS support global team. They are the specialists who serve our Community as potentially the only name and face of the Airbnb brand.
This experienced senior product manager will be responsible for the user facing products and tooling that supports the thousands of globally distributed Support Ambassador agents and the global Operational teams who enable the Support Ambassador’s to do their job effectively, efficiently and empathetically for the Airbnb Community in time of need.
Our global product teams are focused on creating world class product experiences that redefine exceptional service for the Airbnb community. Community Support (CS) is a global Airbnb platform business unit that supports our millions of guests and hosts who take trips and join experiences around the world every year.
If you are the type of experience-driven person that feels a personal stake in everything that you work on, have a strong sense of ownership, a love for delightfully simple but powerful product experiences, enjoy working with complex technologies that can make a positive impact on people’s lives, know how to foster strong relationships with others, build trust, and work for the success of the entire team - then we look forward to meeting you!
As the Sr. Product Manager, Support Ambassador and Operational Tools. you will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
Establishing and delivering a robust product vision for world-class service capabilities that drive fast, efficient, fair, and consistent resolution for the Airbnb Community
Build, buy and integrate intelligent and easy to use tools that enable Airbnb Community Support Operations Support Ambassador and Operational teams to resolve problems for our hosts and guests, across all Airbnb business and our 191 global markets
Enable a seamless, consistent, efficient, and exceptional support experience at scale through product capabilities such as:
A core global Agent Desktop suite that is custom built for Airbnb’s unique user issues and use cases and designed to identify, research, and resolve the two-sided marketplace Community user’s issues
Enable support ambassadors to quickly and efficiently resolve issues from simple, one-party user issues to complex, multi-party issues
Integration with world-class CRM and Omni-channel capabilities that powers and enables the support experience
World class operational tooling that helps operations teams effectively manage the experience the Support Ambassadors provide to the Community with actionable data driven insight based solutions
Seamless integration with robust knowledge, policy, and intelligently personalized data that makes our Support Ambassadors look and feel like geniuses when providing service to the guest and hosts
Define and drive product scope and prioritization and be flexible to iterate/change per latest developments to meet agreed upon deadlines and business needs
Manage and maintain product backlogs, drive product roadmap and own prioritization process of CS Support Ambassador and Operational tooling product solutions based on business value and customer impact
Define the success metrics and SLAs by partnering with other cross functional leaders in Support Products while keeping it up to date relevant and aligned with objectives
Work closely with all business, ops, and product stakeholders to ensure successful end-to-end delivery of product capabilities and solutions to ensure reliable operations and SLAs are met or exceeded
Create and define product strategies and programs for the long-term success of business teams and ensure engineering teams are positioned to deliver results
Present overall product roadmap status to the business and Product and Technology leadership on an ongoing basis with both qualitative and quantitative impacts
Closely coordinate cross-functional global operations, Support Products, and IT teams to ensure close alignment, clear dependencies, and streamlined execution.
Develop key interdependent roadmap sequencing across Community Support and other Platform Product teams with plans in support of Support Product leadership
Be an industry thought leader and up to date on cutting edge user-facing products and technologies in the Service space that can potentially be applied to solve Airbnb CS use-cases
- 8+ years product management and product development experience, preferably in a Customer Service / Operations environment
- Experienced in establishing a product vision, developing roadmaps, goal setting, spec writing, managing project execution, experiment planning, UI/UX wireframing, and defining product roll-out strategies
- Experienced at influencing, leading, and motivating high-performing, cross-functional stakeholder teams, including engineering, design, data science, research
- Passion for building and integrating consumer-facing enterprise products
- Passion for great design and a focus on the user’s experience first; you know what works, what doesn't, and why
- Outcome and objective oriented, self-motivated, and creative problem solver who is able to identify obstacles, validate assumptions, and clearly articulate viable solutions to different levels of the organization
- Comfort in a rapidly changing business environment that is typical of a fast growing company disrupting the business world
- Experienced in both building home-grown solutions and launching integrations with 3rd party products and technologies in support of the business and operational teams
- An ambitious approach to challenges, and can envision a world different than the status quo with the ability to articulate a clear path to get us there
- Great understanding and empathy for Airbnb users; must be an Airbnb Guest and Host advocate
- Passionate about creating a world where people can belong anywhere
- Demonstrated ability to translate business requirements into product requirement documentation and work with various levels of business stakeholders to create innovative scalable solutions
- Exceptional collaboration, partnership and influencing skills with the ability to work in a global environment across multiple locations and time zones to drive consensus in cross-functional teams
- Outstanding written and verbal communication ability to a diverse stakeholder audience, including a global team of ops, product, and technical stakeholders
- Strategic platform and systematic thinker who can balance big picture strategy with detailed, flawless execution and impact delivery
- Creativity and ability to work independently with limited guidance and with proven ability to create structures and develop operational concepts
- High tolerance for ambiguity and ability to perform under pressure to meet deadlines
- Experience shipping product features to a global operations team is a significant plus
- Experience with A/B experimentation is a plus
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 33,000 cities and 192 countries.
Want to learn more about Airbnb? Visit Airbnb's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.