Staff Machine Learning Engineer, Relevance and Personalization
Airbnb, San Francisco, CA
Who wouldn't want to work here?
The Relevance and Personalization team at Airbnb is responsible for search and personalization across the entire Airbnb digital platform. Be a leader in the team working on critical, impactful projects with focus on search ranking, recommendations, autocomplete, query understanding and Airbnb’s ranking platform. We collaborate closely with teams across Airbnb to customize the guest search experience and support a healthy marketplace for hosts and guests to further Airbnb’s mission of creating a world where people can Belong Anywhere.
We work on all parts of the ML stack from analyzing search usage to running controlled experiments, building models, writing data pipelines, and implementing updates to the online search service.
We are looking for engineers with:
- 6+ years of industry experience in large scale machine learning systems or a PhD + 4+ years industry experience in applied machine learning in similar problems (ads, recommendation)
- Solid engineering and coding skills. Ability to write high performance production quality code. Mastery in a single programming language like Java, C++, Scala, Python or other equivalent languages is a must.
- Industry experience building and productionizing innovative end-to-end Machine Learning systems.
- Passion to use machine learning to deliver product personalization, working with very sparse data and structuring models to learn from that sparsity is highly preferable.
- Strong understanding of deep learning among other common families of models, feature engineering, feature selection, optimization algorithms
- Proven ability to choose the right ML method to solve the problem within current constraints while having a clear vision of the next iterations and a good balance between exploration and exploitation of different techniques.
- Ability to go deep and build the most impactful solutions while also leading multiple directions across multiple teams and organizations to ensure the success of our mission.
- B.S., M.S., or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter Subsidies
- Community Involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Much more...
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 33,000 cities and 192 countries.
Want to learn more about Airbnb? Visit Airbnb's website.
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos