Airbnb creates the world’s definitive magical travel experiences, and our marketing is as magical as the travel itself. Not only is our marketing the world's most inspirational, we are also respected for having one of the world’s most effective approaches to building both an iconic brand and an incredibly successful business. Our marketing leads (does not follow) popular culture. Our community drives vast momentum and eagerly co-creates with us all over the world. Due to the phenomenal impact we have made in terms of brand consideration, brand love and brand loyalty, Airbnb is THE brand that defines this generation.
We seek a Brand Marketing Manager, Japan based in Tokyo and reporting into the Regional Brand Marketing Director, APAC.
S/he will be responsible for supporting and implementing marketing programs to establish a strong brand voice and drive profitable growth, working collaboratively with cross-functional teams such as PR/communications, growth marketing, product marketing, consumer strategy & insights, marketing operations and analytics, connections and media activation and country leadership.
In additional to exceptional discipline expertise and being highly detail-oriented, the successful candidate will demonstrate a natural disposition to hosting in his/her daily activities, a drive to play just as hard as s/he works, a passion for creativity, and humor.
- Develop local marketing plans for greatest business and brand impact, in accordance with seasonality, fleeting opportunities, maximized earned media, community engagement, and brand health metrics
- Collaborate across functions, markets and regions, to land highly effective, creatively excellent integrated brand marketing campaigns, including but not limited to: advertising, social, digital and experiential conception, development and production, media execution and optimization, performance reporting, ensuring all marketing activities feel local and personal
- Lead the management of creative and media agency partners, fostering best-in-class and highly productive agency partnerships
- Working closely with Marketing Operations, Consumer Strategy & Insights, FP&A and other analytics teams to report market brand health and marketing activities
- Organize and attend regular routines across disciplines. Ensure seamless flow of information between global, regional & local teams
- Conduct and disseminate regular AARs (after action reviews) on projects including results, lessons learned and best practices to Global, regional and local internal and external partners
- Manage and track brand marketing budgets and ensure effective budget use, meeting or exceeding efficiency targets working with HQ, Regional APAC Marketing Operations.
- Passion for Airbnb & travel. Experience hosting on the site is a huge plus.
- 10+ years experience plus relevant education at marketing agencies or client-side marketing, with preference for at least 2 years in brand marketing on the client side in the consumer internet space of travel, design, technology, or lifestyle brands
- An integrated marketing mindset, passion for creative excellence in storytelling through multiple media types, both visual and written, with solid experience in brand and creative strategy, off- and online media, including social, SEO, SEM, measurement & analytics, project / campaign and agency management
- Excellent written and oral communication in Japanese and English. Fluency in English is a must.
- A keen visual sense, attention to detail and a quick wit
- Solid and proven leadership capabilities, building teams / networks, and communicating across national boundaries a must
- Ability to work within tight deadlines, adjust to changes in priorities, and balance short-term needs with long-term strategic initiatives
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 33,000 cities and 192 countries.
Want to learn more about Airbnb? Visit https://www.airbnb.com/
Jobs You May Like
Email Marketing Manager
Shopify, Berlin, Germany
Digital Content & Campaign Strategist
Change.org, Sydney, Australia
Junior Local Market Rep
Weedmaps, Corvallis, Oregon, United States
Product Marketing Manager, Visual Search
Pinterest, San Francisco
Senior Graphic Designer
Bonobos, New York, NY
Growth & Performance Marketing Lead
Wealthfront, Redwood City, CA