The Core Host team is growing, and we’re looking for an Experience Design Lead to join our team. Core hosts are the heart and soul of Airbnb, and our truest differentiator. Our hosts are our brand, and enable amazing travel experiences for our guests. They are ordinary people who had the courage to share their primary and secondary homes with strangers across the world.
The vision of the Core Host team is to empower millions of ordinary people to have a rewarding hosting journey. Our team focuses on making hosting appealing and more mainstream, making hosting easier, and setting our hosts up for success.
This Design Lead will go deep into the needs of our Core Hosts, and support hosts in their end-to-end journey with Airbnb – as they onboard, learn how to become a great host, and optimize their business and hospitality. From designing simple digital solutions for complex systems, to creating roadmaps to deliver impact quickly, this designer will be responsible for visioning, creating, testing, and launching valuable experiences for our hosts on the Airbnb platform.
- Define the experiences within helping Core Hosts in their end-to-end journey, from their first impression and consideration of Airbnb, onboarding, managing and growing their business. Manage multiple projects at once, both large and small.
- Mentor other designers on the team to promote craft and a culture of design excellence.
- Provide strategic thinking on how we get to an end state. Ability to take something from zero to one.
- Become an expert on various Core Host personas, and continually champion for their needs.
- Ensure consistency in our design language system, brand, and platform architecture, and evolve our best practices.
- Own the end-to-end product development process, partnering closely with cross functional partners like product, engineering, research, data science, and content.
- Contribute to business strategy, requirement definition and feature prioritization.
- Facilitate alignment with stakeholders across the org and all levels of leadership.
- A design lead with a minimum 10 years of experience with end-to-end product design.
- Demonstrated history for leading the design of complex, large-scale tools that are simple, elegant, and beautiful.
- Desire and ability to create the best digital design in the industry.
- Expertise in Sketch, Figma, Principle, and other tools for generating wireframes, designs, prototypes and specifications.
- Excellent communicator and cross functional collaborator.
- Proven skills in stakeholder management and visual storytelling.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment.
Candidate Privacy Notice
If you are a California resident, learn about what personal information we collect about you and how we use it here.
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 33,000 cities and 192 countries.
Want to learn more about Airbnb? Visit Airbnb's website.
File hosting service