Data Scientist Manager, Housing Economist
Airbnb, San Francisco, California
Who wouldn't want to work here?
Airbnb is looking for an experienced housing economist to join our Economics and Policy group at our San Francisco headquarters. The position offers the ability to enact meaningful policy change, both within Airbnb and in communities across the world. As a result, the role requires working closely with the public policy, communications, legal teams, and other cross-functional partners throughout the organization, as well as the many data scientists and economists in the same parent data science group.
Candidates should have a sound empirical background, demonstrated expertise in housing & real estate research, and a hunger to work on topics that are both at the cutting edge of economic policy and in the public eye.
The scope of work includes high-impact topics including housing and rental prices, taxation, economic impact and spillover, relationship to the hotel industry, quantitative analysis of regulation, as well as topics related to the design of the Airbnb marketplace.
Qualifications and expectations of this role include:
- Ideal candidate has at least 5 years of postgraduate research or industry experience.
- Ability to operate independently and drive one’s own agenda, but also work well with the team and partners throughout the organization.
- Ability to perform complex strategic analysis.
- Knowledge of and aptitude in econometric modeling.
- Experience working with statistical software packages (e.g. R, GIS/Geographic Data, SQL, Stata, Excel, and/or Data Visualization tools)
- Strong communication skills and previous experience in project management
An example project might be to forecast the impact of a proposed regulation on Airbnb guest/host activity. This might involve identifying related regulations and performing historical analyses, building models that make use of past signals and current market data, scaling the work so that it can apply to numerous markets over different time periods, and concisely summarizing and communicating results to a broad audience. An ideal outcome for a research project would include action taken as a result of the research, internal learning codified via a white-paper or post in Airbnb’s “knowledge repository,” and (where appropriate), a public report that is rigorous, yet digestible by non-academic audience, or an academic publication.
- $2,000 yearly employee travel coupon
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life & disability coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 33,000 cities and 192 countries.
Want to learn more about Airbnb? Visit https://www.airbnb.com/
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer, Data Science Team
Red Ventures, South Charlotte
Analytics Lead - Austin
Lyft, Austin, TX
Senior Machine Learning Scientist, Content Development
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
IT & Business Information Lead