Airbnb's experience designers make the complex simple and know the details aren't the details, they are the product. Do you love to choreograph the dance of getting users from A to B? Are your instincts in touch with a higher power known as 'usability'? Well then you get that the best interactions aren't even noticed by a user because the design gets out of their way.
China is the world’s largest, and fastest growing, outbound travel market. We’re looking for experience designer managers to lead a team of designers. The role will help to shape teams and the way we work. We’re looking for design managers who are excited to localize our product for the Chinese audience, build new products for the market and help Chinese travelers explore the world through our local experiences, personable hosts, and unique accommodations. Candidates must have strong visual and interaction skills and the ability to help shape product strategy.
Portfolio required to apply.
- Experienced creative leader and manager of a team of designers
- Responsible for the growth and maintenance of a high functioning team
- Partner with the product and the operation teams in strategic planning
- Aligns resources to key company and product priorities
- Can do hands-on design when necessary
- Give and solicit feedback with designers in San Francisco to upkeep the universality of the user experience
- Work well in a fast-paced environment with ambiguity
- 6+ years industry experience in product design
- 2+ years experience leading a team and managing designers
- Outstanding mentor and listener. Effectively help the team to build on strengths, prioritize and navigate challenges
- Have experience with planning long-term strategy and design team for scale
- Excellent communication skills in both Chinese and English
- Have shipped product
- Have cross-platform design experiences (Web, android, iOS, emails)
- Based in Beijing, but willing to travel for work purposes
- Love to travel
- Have experiences working in both Chinese and Foreign companies
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 33,000 cities and 192 countries.
Want to learn more about Airbnb? Visit https://www.airbnb.com/
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer - Node.js
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Graphic Designer, Packaging and Print
HelloFresh, New York, NY
Senior Product Designer
DoorDash, San Francisco, CA
Industrial Designer (Senior)
Essential Products, Palo Alto, CA
Design Lead - Sweaters + Cut & Sew Knits
Everlane, New York City, NY