Global Workplace Operations Manager
Airbnb, San Francisco, California
Who wouldn't want to work here?
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique travel experiences around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb allows people to Belong Anywhere through unique travel experiences at any price point, in more than 34,000 cities and over 190 countries. We promote a culture of curiosity, humanity, and creativity through our product, brand, and, most importantly, our people.
Role & Responsibilities
Global Workplace Operations Manager
This new role will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of our offices around the world. This is a key position on our Workplace leadership team whose peers include the leaders of Food, Safety & Security, and Environments (Design). The role will report to the Director of Workplace.
The position is expected to provide strategic leadership to a team of regional direct reports while remaining excited to help save-the-day with tactical concerns. Experience successfully managing a global operations team at a multinational company during a period of significant growth is required.
The position will:
- Oversee a team of Regional Managers that are responsible for day-to-day office operations.
- Work closely with our Food, Security, and Environments Teams to support the delivery of their programs.
- Leverage our global footprint and develop a global strategy for our building vendors.
- Maintain regular communication with business leaders, organizing input into actionable programs & goals, and setting clear expectations for project & service delivery.
- Achieve cost savings and support at/below budget, through maximizing utilization of suppliers and preferred vendors/contractors and by identifying efficiency opportunities.
- Establish and operate a Global Preventative Maintenance Plan.
- Develop and implement innovative programs, processes and projects that aim to reduce both short and long term operating costs and increase productivity and longevity, for both people and systems.
- Introduce sustainability initiatives and mindset to the Workplace team.
- Delivery of non-Real Estate projects such as refurbishments and improvements.
- Close partnership with the Real Estate & Construction team to ensure operational needs are front of mind from the moment a project is launched.
- 7+ years experience as a manager responsible for complex operations at large office sites across multiple countries
- 5+ years experience managing and developing a team
- Strong project management skills
- Have a balanced mix of people, technical, analytical and operations skills
- Experience working with creative and/or technology populations
- Experience scaling operations
- Ability to build partnerships and work collaboratively cross-functionally
- Creativity and entrepreneurial spirit a must
- Proven skills in planning and budgeting
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 33,000 cities and 192 countries.
Want to learn more about Airbnb? Visit Airbnb's website.
Jobs You May Like
Principal Automation Engineer
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
Head of Manufacturing and Quality
Essential Products, Palo Alto, CA
National Funding, San Diego
Trust & Safety Trainer
Airbnb, Singapore, Singapore
Advanced Packaging Lead
Blue Bottle Coffee, Sacramento
Restaurant General Manager
Dig Inn, Boston, MA