IT Security partners closely with IT and Infrastructure teams to secure Airbnb’s corporate systems and network, enterprise applications and data, and to enable new business functions. Airbnb is a community built on trust, and we are an important part of that foundation.
What makes an IT Security Engineer?
We are a team focused on proactive security and are looking for hands-on security engineers who are passionate about building and defending.
The team provides security expertise from the design to the implementation stage, builds and / or deploys tools to enhance the security posture, conducts assessments, and automates operational workflows. Examples of the work we’ve done include:
- Secured SSH access to sensitive systems by moving SSH keys from client systems to hardened security tokens. This included developing macOS tooling that enabled PKCS#11 support, configured the security tokens (Yubikeys) and configured SSH to leverage the tokens.
- Utilized infrastructure management tooling (Puppet / Chef, Terraform) to automate patch deployment, consistent hardening configs, and enabled code driven IAM and AWS Security Group configuration.
- Deployed a Data Loss Prevention (DLP) solution focusing on PII and PCI related data that may be in SaaS applications (GSuite, SalesForce, Box).
- Helped craft the overall security strategy for M&As from due diligence through post-close integration.
- Enabled deployment of Chrome OS at scale for customer support agents to significantly reduce attack surface and improve endpoint management.
Additionally, here are some high-level areas we’re investing in:
- Orchestration for security posture checks on all new infrastructure deployments.
- Endpoint state attestation.
- Scale proactive security controls to new environments (e.g. acquisitions).
Role and Responsibilities:
- Provide security expertise and guidance on new projects and technologies.
- Design and drive implementation of secure infrastructure at scale.
- Perform risk assessments and build threat models of core corporate and cloud infrastructure.
- Harden our clients, servers, and networks against exploitation.
- Build and / or implement tools that aid in enhancing the security posture of corporate infrastructure and services.
- Collaborate with CSIRT and Production Security teams on cross-functional projects to secure our services and data.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of the threat landscape, common attacks and mitigation methods.
- Ability to develop tools using an interpreted programming language (PHP, Python, Ruby, etc.).
- Familiarity with DevOps toolchain (e.g. Puppet / Chef / Ansible, Terraform, Jenkins)
- Security generalist with a firm grasp of or meaningful experience in the following areas:
- Operating systems internals and hardening (macOS, Linux, or Windows).
- Networking protocols and operations.
- Cloud infrastructure and services platforms (AWS strongly preferred)
- Authentication, authorization and directory services.
- Vulnerability management and remediation.
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance & disability benefits
- Fitness discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter subsidies
- Community involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Much more...
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 33,000 cities and 192 countries.
Want to learn more about Airbnb? Visit Airbnb's website.
Jobs You May Like
Director, IT Operations
LogRhythm, Boulder, CO
Software Development Engineer - Test
Hotstar, Bangalore, Karnataka
Class Pass, San Francisco
Site Reliability Engineer
Palantir Technologies, London, United Kingdom
Senior Front-end Engineer
Splash, New York Office
Vistar Media, Philadelphia, PA