Luxury Retreats - Head of Guest Experience
Airbnb, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Who wouldn't want to work here?
Luxury Retreats, now a part of the Airbnb family, is a leading luxury vacation rental company. Our team of 200+ experts market a global portfolio of over 4,000 unique properties to a broad and deep network of affluent travelers. With over 18 years of experience, we are passionate about all things travel and hospitality.
The Head of Guest Experience is responsible for the end to end guest experience, from the moment a trip is booked to the moment the guest arrives back home. Beyond where a guest is staying, there are literally dozens if not hundreds of components of any trip that make it exceptional. The foundational and differentiating magic of Luxury Retreats is its unique ability to curate and match each guest(s) with the perfect villa, then layer in execution of an amazing, personalized guest experience. This role comprises building standards, processes and a team that gets all the little things right and then seeks out and finds opportunities to make the trip incredible and memorable. That is the brand, and this position will take it to the next level of scale, execution and differentiation. This position reports directly to the Luxury Retreats Chief Operations Officer.
WHAT IS LUXURY RETREATS?
Luxury Retreats has been maniacally focused on delivering an exceptional, luxury vacation experience to its discerning client base. In an industry where virtually all established players boasts hundreds of thousands of choices for where to stay, Luxury Retreats hand selects only the finest properties around the world, with each of its nearly 4,000 villas having cleared strict minimum quality/location requirements and a 140+ point inspection.
Importantly, Luxury Retreats knows that although the perfect villa is a critical ingredient to a great trip, there are many other dimensions that require the same discipline and execution to truly deliver an exceptional, life-changing travel experience. Luxury Retreats offers guests complimentary concierge services, worldwide guest support and villa specialists who help guests find their perfect villa. This highly trained team works closely with every guest to ensure that the services, amenities, excursions and basically anything that can improve the guest’s enjoyment, are seamlessly added and delivered. It’s no surprise that many of the most discerning and demanding travelers – actors/actresses, musicians, athletes, major executives - rely on Luxury Retreats year after year to make the most of their valuable vacation time with family and friends.
Luxury Retreats was recently acquired by Airbnb, and will be the core of their growth into the end to end, high end, guest experience. The two companies are working closely to expand the Luxury Retreats offerings around the world, and to make the villa home owner and discerning travelers experience even better with the two companies coming together.
Think you have what it takes? Here is what you will need to deliver:
- Build and manage world class concierge organization, ensuring Luxury Retreats delivers on its stellar guest service and support experience for every trip.
- Develop Luxury Retreats concierge and service guidelines/standards, which ensures seamless, systematic and bullet-proof delivery of Luxury Retreats world class level of service and support on every trip.
- Develop and execute comprehensive concierge and guest experience roadmap, which clearly outlines resource and support requirements to accommodate the rapid growth of the business over the coming years and the natural demand cycles within each year.
- Develop the “Guest Experience” vision and strategy, articulating and executing the advancement of guest service, support and personalization.
- Collaborate with Luxury Retreats leadership to ensure a consistent, exceptional experience across every guest (or potential guest) interaction, including all marketing, sales, booking, traveling, and customer service touch-points.
- Establish a detailed budget, and incorporate cost management and KPI reporting to measure/manage the execution of a comprehensive concierge strategy, ensuring that every guest receives Luxury Retreats’ signature service and support, and meeting or exceeding financial targets.
Who you are and what you’ve accomplished
- 10 years experience; 5-7 years in concierge or service leadership role; hospitality experience preferred but not required.
- Strong operational skills, with demonstrated track record of execution and managing organizations in a dynamic, high-volume, fast-paced environment.
- Track record of establishing strategy and managing the execution of a successful concierge strategy is preferred.
- Strong communication, analytical, problem solving skills.
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 33,000 cities and 192 countries.
Want to learn more about Airbnb? Visit https://www.airbnb.com/
Jobs You May Like
Talent Sourcer, Tech (APAC)
MongoDB, New Delhi/Gurgaon
Sr. Software Engineering Recruiter (Contract)
PlayStation, Aliso Viejo, CA
SAT Program Manager ($25-$30/hr)
CollegeVine, Anywhere (Telecommute)
Meetup, New York
HR Business Partner
Hortonworks, Cork, Ireland