Netherlands Community Organiser (fixed-term contract)
Airbnb, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Who wouldn't want to work here?
Founded in August 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover and book unique accommodations from around the world - online or from a mobile phone or tablet. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 65,000 cities and 191 countries. And with world-class customer service and a growing number of users, Airbnb is the easiest way for people to monetize their extra space and showcase it to an audience of millions. No global movement springs from individuals. It takes an entire team united behind something big. Together, we work hard, we laugh a lot, we brainstorm nonstop, and are passionate about the company and our values.
We are looking to recruit a Community Organiser who will work with home sharing hosts in the Netherlands. Home sharing hosts in towns and cities across the world are coming together to take action to better their local communities and to discuss local laws and regulations on home sharing.
We’re looking for a candidate who has exceptional people skills, experience within political campaigns, the charity or government sectors or grassroots campaigns and a track record in building relationships with people.
This position will be based in Amsterdam with travel required to other cities in the Netherlands. This will be a fixed-term contract.
The Community Organiser will:
- Build strong relationships with home sharing hosts and the home sharing community
- Speak to hosts on the phone and face to face about their experiences hosting
- Organise meetings and events for hosts and supporters of homesharing
- Identify supporters of home sharing and potential partners in neighbourhoods and cities
- Work with a range of online tools and enter data into relevant systems
We’re looking for people with the following experience and skills:
- A passion for home sharing
- Experience in community organising within political campaigns, the charity or government sectors or grassroots campaigns
- Able to build strong relationships with a diverse range of people in a one on one setting, as well as communicate with larger groups
- Competent in using technology and social media
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Meticulous organisation skills
- Must be fluent in Dutch and have excellent working knowledge of English. Other European languages, especially Scandinavian languages will be a bonus skill
- A track record of coming up with new ideas and solving problems
- Motivated to meet and exceed targets and achieve goals
- Willing to travel both domestically and internationally
**Please kindly send your application in English**
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 33,000 cities and 192 countries.
Want to learn more about Airbnb? Visit https://www.airbnb.com/
Jobs You May Like
Senior Associate, E-commerce Distribution Strategy
Harry’s, New York, NY
Cycle Count Clerk
Office Operations Analyst
Palantir Technologies, London, United Kingdom
Business Operations Intern
Coordinator, Physical Production Docs & Comedy
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Global Workplace Operations Manager
Airbnb, San Francisco, California