The Public Relations team is responsible for telling the Airbnb story around the world. Whether it's speaking to journalists, hosts and guests, industry commentators, thought leaders or the wider community, we’re the voice of Airbnb. We're a fast growing, high energy team with a passion for people, places and great stories. If you'd like to be part of one of the world's greatest Communications teams, come tell us your story.
We are now looking for a PR Lead who will be based in Beijing to lead a small team and work closely with the international and Asia Pacific communications teams, and local PR agency.
You will lead our overall communications strategy and manage PR activities throughout China. You must have significant media contacts in China, a keen understanding of the media landscapes across the country, and be proficient in both spoken and written Mandarin and English.
You should have substantial experience in promoting lifestyle brands and managing external agencies, developing strategic communications plans and materials and creating and executing robust consumer campaigns.
We’re looking for a rockstar communicator who has the ability to own and architect impactful local campaigns, who can manage multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment and can work effectively in cross-cultural teams.
- Developing and managing communications strategies and activities for Airbnb in China
- Contributing and collaborating with the global communications team
- Leading a team that handles day-to-day media inquires and briefings in China
- Partnering with various stakeholders across the business including marketing, social media, community teams, etc.
- Develop communications programs and activities, amplify campaigns and support other business endeavours
- Overseeing the development of written materials, pitches, messaging guidelines, press releases, briefing books and presentations
- Working with company spokespeople to prepare them for public speaking engagements, media interviews
- 12+ years experience in Public Relations
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience in running PR campaigns in China
- Strong consumer/lifestyle/travel media contacts
- Experience effectively managing agency partners
- Experience working for a US company, or time spent living and working in the US
- Experience in managing projects in a fast paced environment
- Excellent writing skills, with samples to share
- Unwavering verbal communications skills in any situation
- Maintaining enthusiasm and calm demeanor in stressful situations
- Ability to work with international teams and quickly develop an understanding for the cultural differences
- Passion for Airbnb and the mission of the company
- Ability to travel overseas (20%)
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 33,000 cities and 192 countries.
Want to learn more about Airbnb? Visit https://www.airbnb.com/
Jobs You May Like
Product Marketing Manager, Self-Serve
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA
Technical Email Marketing Manager
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Junior Local Market Rep
Weedmaps, Gainesville, Florida, United States
Digital Performance Marketing Manager
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA
Director of Content Marketing (L.A.)
Weedmaps, Los Angeles, California, United States
Associate Creative Director
Yelp, San Francisco, CA