Software Engineer, Analytics Products (Superset)
Airbnb, San Francisco, California
Who wouldn't want to work here?
About the position:
The Analytics Products team’s mission is to empower every employee at Airbnb to make data-informed decisions. Our products include an array of data tools for visualization, discovery, anomaly detection, logging and session analysis. These products are transforming the way that data is used at Airbnb and throughout the tech industry through our popular open source projects including Apache Superset, Apache Airflow and The Knowledge Repo.
Our team is looking for a talented full-stack engineer to join Apache Superset, a modern data visualization web application. As a member of Superset, you have the opportunity to not only scale the consumption of data at Airbnb, but the potential to transform the entire data visualization industry as an Apache committer on one of the hottest open source projects.
For this role, we’re looking for Software Engineers who have:
- 2+ years of relevant software engineering work experience
- Experience with Python web development using either Flask, Django or Tornado
- Familiarity with data visualization libraries and primitives such as d3.js, svg, canvas and WebGL
Additional qualifications that are great to have, but not required:
- Experience with geospatial data visualization
- Fluency in SQL and experience with Pandas/Numpy
- Project portfolio and open source contributions
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter subsidies
- Community involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Much more...
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 33,000 cities and 192 countries.