Software Engineer, Developer Infrastructure
Airbnb, San Francisco, California
Who wouldn't want to work here?
Developer Infrastructure at Airbnb:
Developer Infrastructure is a newly formed team that is responsible for the tools, systems and infrastructure that allow us to scale the number of engineers working on our codebase, all while maintaining high levels of code quality, and engineering productivity.
We’re a highly cross-functional team and own the entire development process at Airbnb. We do everything from setting the development standards by which other teams abide, to creating shared libraries and frameworks, to helping other teams get their code to production as quickly and effortlessly as possible.
One of our biggest projects is to enable continuous integration at scale. We deeply believe that every engineer in the company should be able to quickly ship their own code whenever it’s ready. We’re creating the infrastructure that enables us to deploy thousands of times a day while still guaranteeing the stability of our system.
Our team is impactful and high-leverage: it makes the entire engineering organization more productive. You will have visibility into every other engineering team and their systems, and you'll engage in helping and mentoring them.
There is a strong likelihood of open sourcing & recognition via blog posting. Since you would be an early member of the team, there is potential for technical leadership. Our work has lightning fast feedback and iteration cycles, since your users are all around you. Maybe the best part: you get to put a smile on faces daily.
What are examples of work that Developer Infrastructure engineers have done at Airbnb?
- Deployboard, our user interface for shipping code to production where engineers deploy more than 10-15 times each day.
- Unified code search across all repositories for fast and efficient research and inspection.
- A Vagrant-based developer environment deployed for all engineers at Airbnb.
- Interfaces for system access control that adhere to compliance and regulatory needs.
- A web application for incident and post-mortem management for the production cloud environment.
- Metrics dashboards… everywhere!
The following are some examples of profiles that are relevant to us:
- 2+ years of full-time, industry experience
- Full stack engineering experience, with strong system fundamentals
- Ability to create effective user interfaces, either command line or graphical
- Development environments
- Experience with the test, build, release engineering cycle
- Continuous integration environments
- Able to produce excellent documentation
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter Subsidies
- Community Involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Much more...
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 33,000 cities and 192 countries.
Want to learn more about Airbnb? Visit https://www.airbnb.com/
Jobs You May Like
Fullstack Software Engineer
Wish, San Francisco, United States
Software Engineer, Infrastructure Core Services
Pinterest, San Francisco
Software Engineer - Mobile Android
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
Casper, New York
Cloud Security Engineer - SecOps
Director of OTT Engineering
Vimeo, New York, NY