Software Engineer, Experimentation Platform
Airbnb, San Francisco, California
Who wouldn't want to work here?
Experimentation at Airbnb:
We develop tools that help every employee at Airbnb make data-driven decisions. Every team at Airbnb—product, operations, customer support, and leadership—relies on the data we collect about user behaviors and needs to make impactful decisions. Our toolchain democratizes access to data for everyone and makes it easy and painless to run A/B tests to establish cause and effect.
Our work is high-leverage: it makes the entire company, particularly the product organization, able to iterate faster and make changes that accelerate business growth. You will have visibility into every other team. Great candidates thrive at the intersection of Software Engineering and Data Science and are motivated to help Data Scientists, Product Managers, and Software Engineers make data-driven decisions.
What are some examples of work done at Airbnb?
Experiment Reporting Framework: Our homegrown A/B testing platform, which automates experiment setup, assignment, and analysis, and displays experiment results in a way that makes decision-making easy and fast. A/B testing is the building block of decision-making on Airbnb's product team.
Blog post: http://nerds.airbnb.com/experiment-reporting-framework/
The following experience is relevant to us:
- Building A/B testing tools that allow engineers and product managers to deploy experiments and analyze their results
- Leveraging data infrastructure and distributed systems to answer questions
- Identifying internal information needs and addressing them by creating novel tools
- Working with data at scale, specifically with distributed systems
- Background in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math or other quantitative related field is preferred
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter Subsidies
- Community Involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Much more...
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 33,000 cities and 192 countries.
Want to learn more about Airbnb? Visit https://www.airbnb.com/
Jobs You May Like
Senior Full Stack Engineer - Extensions
Twitch, San Francisco, CA
Engineering Internships - Summer 2018
Tile, San Mateo, CA
Backend Software Engineer – Core Java / Java Concurrency
trivago, Düsseldorf, Germany
Staff Software Engineer, Machine Learning
PlayStation, San Francisco, CA
Software Engineer, Ad Targeting
Pinterest, San Francisco
VP of IT Infrastructure
Fitbit, US - San Francisco